Chapter 1 - First Day

This was the day.

You're finally going to make the football team.

I had been homeschooled most of my life, except for elementary school, so I never got the chance to try out for a school team, but I always had loved football.

I took a deep breath and entered the school.
You can do this.

Right when I opened the door a backpack hit me square in the face, interrupting my amazing and dramatic entrance.

It was a tall, muscular boy with dark brown hair.

I was guessing he was the "school crush" by the looks that other girls were giving him. Well- I sure wanted to crush him after hitting me in the face.

"Um excuse me?? You just hit me in the face." I said as politely as possible (which probably isn't that polite in my case) and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Ok." He smirked and turned away.

Really?

"Who do you think you are?! Aren't you going to say you're sorry?!"

"Um no. I think I'm good," The smirk appeared on his face again, "what? do you want to fight me or something?"

"If you don't stop being an asshole, then yes. Yes I'd love to fight you."

"You should know who you're dealing with. Noah is pretty much the strongest guy ever," a bitchy looking redhead girl said, who was basically clinging onto him for dear life.

"I promise you I will smash you're face." I said to him, ignoring her.

"Hit me with you're best shot." He teased.

Bad idea asshole backpack guy. Bad idea.

I kicked him square in the no-no area and he winced.

I began to walk away when he said one last thing,
"I believe you said you'd smash my face and I'm pretty sure my balls are not my face."

The girls around him giggled.

"I find that hard to believe, because you seem a lot like a dickhead to me."

He rolled his eyes while some people started to scream, "OHHHH!!", "BURN!", "DAMN WOMAN!", etc.

Well I'm off to a good start...

_________________________

My first class was Math.

Great.

Math was probably my worst subject ever.

I seriously sucked.

"Hi! My name's Catherine, but you can call me Catie," a girl with blond hair and blue eyes beamed beside me, "so... Who are you?"

"Julia, but my friends call me Julia." I mocked.

She laughed, "Wow so are you new? Did you just move here? or did you transfer schools or-"

Damn this girl talked a lot.

"Yes I'm new. And no I didn't move here. I just used to be homeschooled."

She nodded in awe, "Wow. That's cool. So you do any sports or do any fine arts or really just any extracurricular activity?"

I could barely even keep up with her.
"Actually I play football."

A surprised and confused look spread across her face, "No girl has ever tried out for football."