The Race

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote!

Follow me:

Wattpad: D4RKST4R720

AND CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES! (if you haven't already)

Ideas by: Anonymous

About: Tony and Layla have always been enemies. From the first time they went on a mission together. But this takes place before of any of those things. You see, they've met before; they just don't remember. The pair both enter their first Shifter race, and this is where the story begins.

Comment down below to get your results at the end of the week! (Private Messages are also okay if you want to stay anonymous) No comments? No fun stories to read! Happy reading and commenting!

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

3rd Person Perspective

As Layla entered the race track, she breathed in the faint smell of gasoline and admired the tire tracks that were on the floor. Sure, she was only 16, but she had more skills than your average driver. Her nerves were tingling as she walked to her car. She was competing in her first race.

A car pulled up next to her. A man with a huge orange afro with bulging muscles rolled down his window. "Hey, baby girl, wanna ride with me?"

She raised an eyebrow, "No thanks, I'm good here."

"Come on," he said, "Baby, just one ride."

The guy began to step out of the car and Layla slowly backed away until she hit the curb. He was getting closer and closer.

"Hey! Back off! Give her personal space! Don't you know what that means?"

They turned their heads to face the third figure. A guy with black hair, brown eyes, and cute freckles. The afro man scoffed at him. "What're you gonna do? Beat me up?"

"I certainly cannot beat you up but leave her alone. This is not how you get a girlfriend."

After giving cute freckles guy a good and hard glare, the afro man left. "Hey, you okay? I'm Tony, by the way." Tony introduced himself.

"Tony, I didn't need your help. I had it handled." Layla said.

"Well, it looked like you didn't. You know, it's okay to ask for help sometimes."

"I said, I didn't need your help. Now leave before I have to beat you up."

Tony raised his hands in surrender. "Good luck on your race. May the best win." Then he left.

Layla shook her head. The race hadn't even started yet, but two creepy men had already approached her. (Tony wasn't creepy, but still.)

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

"Welcome to the Annual Shifter Race! I'm Shashi, and I'll be joining you in today's race! Only the top 15 racers will advance to the next round. Good luck and let the games begin!"

A moment later, Shashi pulled up to the spot beside Layla and said, "Hey, Blondie. First race?" Layla nodded. Three, she counted. "I'm Layla." I might as well introduce myself to him, she thought.

"Layla." Shashi smiled and said, "Nice to meet you. Good luck."

She nodded as the lights started to flash. "Racers ready," came the voice from the commentator's booth. A man walked to the starting line and waved the green flag. "3..." The racers stepped on the accelerator pedals. "2..." Their tires screeched against the road. "...1!" All the cars raced off, and the crowds began to cheer. Layla noticed that all the other cars had special features added to them. Like chainsaws, jet boosters, and fire stuff. Only hers and, ahem, Tony's car didn't have them. She told herself that she needed to get some after this race.

Suddenly, she heard a large crashing noise, and she looked to her left to find Tony's car being pushed off the ledge by a car. "Help me! Someone!" Tony called. And he spotted Layla. "Please help me." Layla pulled back and knocked the car out, saving Tony and his car. "Thank you so much! You just saved my life. . ."

"Layla." She said. "And sure, whatever."

Long story short, Tony and Layla both made it to the next round, obviously, and went their separate ways, until finally meeting again in the future.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

Use this Link to request: https://forms.gle/dmvxVyU2zpbMhkjm7