Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13 | First Kisses

                                                ❀

𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 uncle caught up for a while, relishing the familiar comfort of shared memories and laughter. As they reminisced about old times, Katherine's voice called out from the dining room, breaking the spell.

"Blair, Richard, dinner's ready," Katherine announced, her voice carrying a note of excitement.

As they made their way to the dinner table, Richard suddenly broached a subject that Blair hadn't been prepared to discuss. "Maybe next year we can see about you moving over," he suggested, the words hanging heavily in the air.

Caught off guard, Blair was at a loss for words. Before she could respond, Isaac interjected, his tone incredulous. "You're moving back?" he exclaimed, confusion on his face.

Katherine looked bewildered as everyone's attention turned to Blair. "What's going on?" she inquired, her eyes searching Blair's face for an explanation.

"I'm filing for custody," Richard declared, his statement landing like a heavy weight on the already tense atmosphere.

Feeling flustered and overwhelmed by the sudden turn of events, Blair found herself at the center of a conversation she wasn't prepared for. Just as she was about to speak, Cole interjected, his voice cutting through the tension. "What do you want, Blair?" he asked, his expression thoughtful as he looked at her.

Feeling cornered and emotional, Blair blurted out, "I'm not sure yet," her voice tinged with frustration as she wished for the conversation to end.

                             ❀

Later, as the evening drew to a close, Blair found herself sitting on the fence, lost in her thoughts. As she absentmindedly gazed at the golden hues of the setting sun, Cole approached her.

"Found you at last, New York" he said with a warm smile. "Hey Cole," Blair replied softly, her emotions still raw from the hectic evening.

"I'm sorry I ruined your Thanksgiving. Your mom must hate me right now," Blair confessed, tears slipping down her cheeks.

Cole gently wiped away her tears with his thumb. "No one here hates you, Blair," he reassured her, his eyes filled with empathy.

Feeling a rush of conflicting emotions, Blair struggled to compose herself. "I just feel broken," she admitted, her voice wavering.

"Hey, you're not broken," Cole insisted, his gaze unwavering. "I know. Like my mom said, nothing's ever so broken that it can't be fixed," Blair laughed softly, the sound tinged with vulnerability. Cole took a moment to himself deep in thought then smiled to himself.

Cole looked at her with a depth of understanding, a smile tugging at his lips. "I promise you, Blair, you're not broken. We all feel like that sometimes."

Blair met his gaze, her eyes searching his for any sign of understanding. "I think that sometimes, but then I look around me and realize I have all these beautiful things around me to live for," she confessed, her voice barely above a whisper.

Cole held her gaze, a flicker of something unspoken passing between them. "I see that, Blair," he said softly. "And you're not alone."

As their eyes locked, a sense of closeness between them, and without a word, Cole began to lean in. Their noses touched, and then, with a surge of emotion, he closed the remaining distance, pressing his lips against hers.

                         ❀