Chilly Welcomes!

"Holy shit!" America exclaimed as he peered outside at the completely white landscape, "There's so much snow!" Russia smirked as he pulled the car to a stop at a redlight.

"It's pretty nice, right?"

"Hell yeah it is." America chuckled in awe, "It's literally a winter wonderland." The Russian laughed along.

By the time they were close to the cabin the sun retreated from the sky. America yawned and slunk down in the passenger's seat, his eyes slowly drifting closed until a large hand was placed on his thigh and shook him.

"Don't fall asleep now, you won't be able to sleep when we're actually at the cabin." Russia directed, his thumb gently moving back and forth on America's thigh.

America groggily grumbled, "You're gonna make me fall back asleep if you keep doing that." Russia huffed a laugh and removed his hand. America's eyes fell back outside the window, they were driving up a hill. The landscape was just trees and snow, in the distance America could make out a singular powerline, but that's about it for civilization. No houses, no other cars on the road, just snow and trees. "It's really private, huh?"

"Quite." Russia answered, "My dad liked being secluded."

America's eyes narrowed, 'Yeah, maybe too much because jesus...' he scrutinized.

Slowly the car pulled into a long driveway, and stopped before the wooden garage. America peeked out at the house. Above the garage rested a tiny balcony leading from one of the rooms, the area around the front doors was made out of cobble, the same for the rooms on the bottom floor. The top floor was completely made out of a dark wood, with windows almost completely covering one side of it. There was a staircase leading up to the front entrance, of which Russia was already waiting with their things. As America finally stepped out of the car, the size of the cabin was made evident. It was enormous.

"Holy shit, Ruski!" He laughed in awe, Russia returning a smile. He carefully made his way up the stairs, being wary of the ice that coated a few, once at the top he landed a peck on the cheek of the Russian whose face burned red. He quickly took up all their things and settled them a little closer to the door, before flicking out a keychain filled with various keys. America's fingertips felt numb, he could vividly see every breath he took as well. He brought his hands up to his mouth to blow warm air on them, with chattering teeth he joked, "You weren't kidding when you said this place was cold." Russia looked back at him worriedly, before hastening his search for the right key. Finally, the Russian managed to locate it and he spared no time to shove it in the door and unlock the cozy cabin. He pushed open the giant doors...

Only to be met by an icy breeze.

"Huh..." Russia exhaled, "I thought the heating was already on..." America waltzed over to his side, his entire figure shivering. The Russian's arm immediately wrapped around him in response.

"It's fine!" The American exclaimed, "Surely there's a generator somewhere." Russia guided America inside with a gentle push, and lugged their suitcases inside as well. As he turned around in search of the American he was greeted by him already exploring the main living room.

"Woah! Russia this place is even nicer on the inside!" He cheered, his gaze switching every second when a new thing caught his eye.

"Come here, my love." Russia called, "This is the fireplace room, I'll start a fire." With that, the American hurriedly made his way towards the room.

The room was small compared to the rest of the cabin, the outskirts were covered in windows, making peering outside at the now falling snow just a gaze away. In the middle rested an untouched chocolate brown coffee table surrounded by grey couches with a couple plaid throw blankets dangling on the armrests. In the corner of the room, there was a chestnut colored armchair with a lamp sitting closely, next to the chair there was a small table carrying a very old newspaper probably dating back from the time Russia's family still lived here. On the one side of the coffee table that didn't have a couch, rested an enormous fireplace made of grey bricks with a handsome Russian man currently lighting it.