(Not So) Warm Farewells!

"Ah! America!" Japan called out, before slamming into the boy with her full body, "Oh my god! I'm gonna miss you so so so much!" The hug squeezed America until he felt like he was about to faint.

"Ahem," Russia coughed, "Boyfriend right here."

She released America from her grasp then turned to Russia, "Ugh, bye I guess." Earning a giggle from America and an eye roll from Russia, the Japanese girl ran off to another friend shouting about how she'll miss them as well.

"Why are they saying goodbye to you like you're going out to war, dearest?"

"Going to a cabin, alone, in the woods, with you? I basically am." America joked.

Russia's face warped nervously, "You... You don't think they all still hold grudges against me right? They don't think I'll beat you up or something, right?"

"Russia." America purred, "Please don't worry about it, we're just joking around. She'd never hold a grudge like that. Plus, almost everyone that matters has basically forgiven you." the smaller boy's hand found its way intertwined with Russia's, and he gave a responding squeeze. "I'll stop if it makes you uncomfortable."

"No no, I'm not worried about you. I don't think you'd stay in a relationship with me if you didn't forgive me, but the others...?"

America sighed, "Maybe I'm just more forgiving than others..." Russia looked down, "Hey, were you planning on dating them or something?" America joked.

"Well, who cares about the others when I have the most gorgeous, dream of a man all to myself huh?"

"That's a better response," America advised.

. . .

From Russia's one-sided point of view, it sounded like the phone-call with America's family was going... substandard...

"What!? No?" America screeched, "Jesus, it has nothing to do with you!"

Russia's nose scrunched in distaste, it was a bit awkward sitting in the room when your boyfriend is fighting on the phone.

"Maman! Il ne s'agit pas de vous, il s'est passé beaucoup de choses l'année dernière. (Mom! It's not about you, a lot happened last year.)" the American cursed in perfect French, "Tout me laissait perplexe, je préférerais simplement être avec Russia en ce moment. (Everything is confusing me, I'd just rather be with Russia right now.)"

Russia perked at the mention of his name, and tilted his head worriedly when America's face warped with anger after his mother's response.

"N'ose pas déformer mes propos! Je l'aime, tu le sais! (Don't you dare twist my words! I love him, and you know that!)" He fumed, "Ce n'est pas toi qu'il a blessé! Si je lui ai pardonné, tu n'as pas le droit de lui en vouloir. (It wasn't you he hurt! If I forgave him, you have no right to blame him.)"

...

America exploded, "Qui pensez vous être? Il ne me fera pas de mal, maman! Il est différent maintenant, Demandez à Canada... (Who do you think you are? He won't hurt me, mom! It's different now, ask Canada.)"

From Russia's view, it sounded like they were talking about him and America switched to French so Russia wouldn't get hurt. Russia threw his head into his hands, god, he didn't even think about America's family and how they must view him.

"Hm. Mhm...Mon Dieu, merci maman...(Hm. Mhm...My God, thank you, Mom...)" He hesitated, "...Oui, je vais lui expliquer... (Yes... I'll explain it to him...)"