12. The misconstruction

Elizabeth

I stood there like a statue ,my whole body so tensed like a rock. I immediately became self-conscious especially with him staring at me like he had seen a ghost . I saw his Adams apple bopped up and down and then his eyes snaked my body . I was dressed like a fish ,this was not what I wanted any man who was supposedly attracted to me to see me in.

I probably stank from sweating ,I didn't bother wearing any deodorants because I was going for a walk .

I wanted to say something but words refused to form on my lips . He adjusted his stance ,his eyes looking everywhere but me .

He was acting weird. I had a hint that he wasn't expecting and really didn't want to see me here . I began arranging words in my head . Reasonable words that I could throw at him.

It was like the earth didn't want us to speak to each other because the next moment,the door flew open and the little girl I saw crying earlier came jogging out of the house holding a fluffy unicorn.

She ran straight to him and attempted climbing him like a tree. " Daddy ,my mum said we can leave now ". A few tears were still stuck on her pretty little face but she was no longer crying.

I looked at Eren and then back at the girl .

Did she just call him daddy?

It felt like a clip was stuck on my tongue and pushed down my throat. This was his chance ,if he doesn't say anything about the girl calling him dad then she probably was his daughter and I had been a complete utter douche.

Eren on the other hand looked away from me and lifted the girl up."is she coming already?"

She nodded and turned to look at me. I gave her a sweet smile and she smiled back. Eren glanced at me ,I was expecting him to say something but instead he just looked away again.

Did he just ignore me?

He turned to look at me again,an unreadable expression on his face.

What the forge was wrong with him !

He opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it.
"You said you were busy and had a lot of work load ". That was a pretty shitty thing to say but I couldn't stop my tongue. I sounded like an angry girlfriend.

He cleared his throat awkwardly. "Umm, yeah I ......" He couldn't finish because the next second the door opened again and a man walked out with a woman in her early-thirties behind him. He was carrying bags filled with stuffs I couldn't see .

He was moving quickly and clumsily" Alright we can leave now ". He said without even looking at his surroundings almost bumping Into me in the process.

Thank God for quick reflexes,I was able to avoid his large frame but not the bag . It collided with my knee within seconds and a sharp pain shot through me earning a soft groan from my lips.

I heard a grasp from the lady , angrily she smashed her purse on his shoulder." Ben!! , Look where you're going ".

He whispered a sorry still hurrying towards his car and placing the bags in the trunk .
She walked up to me with sympathy in her eyes.
"I'm so sorry,are you alright? ". She bend to touch my knee and I jerked away,laughing awkwardly.

Smiling sheepishly,I said ." I'm fine ,it's nothing".

She straightened and her eyes widened a few millimetres. "I know you ,you're my granny's neighbor". She grasped .