Chapter 1 - Arrested?

It was a strange and scary sensation for Tiana when she was thrown inside the little blue Nissan Micra by her beloved father.

As she lay in the back seat, she realized she didn't even get the time to say goodbye to her new friends or the man to whom she had lost her heart.

No matter the amount of time her father would do this to her, she still couldn't get used to him dragging her away overnight without any explanation.

She bit her pink lips as she glared at her middle-aged father sitting in the driver's seat with her amber-coloured eyes.

"D-Dad? Where are we going..? We just came here and it hasn't been too long since..." She spoke hesitantly, suturing a bit.

She could see her father was furious, for God knows what reason, as he fumbled his pants' pockets to get his keys and did not answer her question.

She sat in silence as her father sped past the streets and red brick buildings she was starting to get familiar with.

The roads on which she hung out with her friends, where she experienced the taste of her first love, as she roamed around with him, the place where he gave her the most precious gift ever; her little heart-shaped necklace.

"Issac," She mumbled, holding the little heart on her necklace in her grip as she clung her fist, pinning it, against her chest. Her face clouded into a sad expression, as a few tears dripped down her cheeks.

"Dad. Why are we leaving?" She questioned again, with her trembling voice as her heart ached with each word she said.

"I felt like I finally found a place to call home. This place felt like home. I met very nice people here", her voice cracked as the tears came flooding down her face. "I don't wanna leave, please. Can't we just stay here? Forever?" She begged but in vain.

"D-dad. Please, let's stay here and not move elsewhere like we always do." She forced a smile on her lips in her final act to try to convince her father.

"Shut up." Her father simply replied, coldly to her pleads.

She was frightened by the coldness in his voice. It kept echoing in her head, causing her to cry louder.

Tiana always listened to her father. She knew no one other than him. He was all she had for she had lost her mother when she was young. Her father always refused to talk about her.

Due to the fear that questioning him about her mother might hurt him, she never asked him anything.

She never saw her mother's face. She thought perhaps due to travelling from villages, and cities to other villages and cities, her mother's pictures disappeared with time.

She was always alone whenever her father would leave the house. Whenever she would make new friends, she would always be prepared to leave them.

However, when she came to this city, everything changed. She formed ties that she didn't want to break nor was she ready to bid those people goodbye.

Tiana stayed still in the backseat of the car as if the slightest movement would cause her to be scolded again.

The world passed by as a blur as her father, Aziel, navigated the flashy city streets. She began to regain her composure as her tears subsided.

Just then, the sound of sirens pierced the calmness in the road, causing Tiana to jump.

Red and blue lights flashed in her peripheral vision as police cars anxiously zoomed closer and closer. Giving the impression that they were being chased.

Fear gripped Tiana's heart as her father's hands tightened on the steering wheel. Aziel glanced at her, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Hold on, Tia," he said, his voice steady yet filled with worry. "No matter what happens, stay calm and trust me."