2.0

TEENAGE KICKS
Season One : Episode Two
'Trust Funds'

Another assembly, another love song traumatically murdered by Jenny Joyce's voice.

Lara stood next to James and Orla, her cousin distracted by the flame of her lighter.

Finally the torture ended and Lara found the painful screaking voices of Jenny and her friends having stopped, replaced my Sister Michael's monotone.

"Wonderful girls, lovely stuff. Before I dismiss you for the weekend, a few announcements. On Monday morning several of our year 13s will face their GCSEs maths resit. Now I know how daunting resit exams can be so if anyone is feeling worried or even want a chat please, please do not come crying to me. Let me see what else,"

Lara turned Michelle who was practically jumping up and down waiting for the trip announcement.

"Notice from Mr McCaulie, this years destination for the Euro Trotters trip will be dramatic pause..." the nun turned around to where the rest of the teachers where sat, her voice still in range for the small microphone to amplify it, "Did you actually want me to do the dramatic pause ?"
They all watched as their geography teacher gave a nod and their headmistress turned back to face them, a blank expression on her features, "Oh, interesting. Paris. It's going to be Paris. If you need any further information there is a stall in the foyer. Unfortunately I'm unable to come on this one as, I despise the French."

"There's so much I want to do, the Champs-Élysées, the Arc de Triumph, the Louvre ."

The shortest blonde of the group dragged her friends to the stall as soon as the assembly had finished, listing off all the places she wanted to visit.
Michelle as always, interrupting with a sly smirk.

"A French fella. That's what I wanna do, nation of rides. My fanny's going funny just thinking about it."

"Could you not use that word, Michelle."

Sometimes Lara forgot how much of a prude her older sister could be.

"What? Fanny ?"

"Why do you always have to be so coarse."
Claire rejoined the conversation, her face screwed up as she wished for all their voices to lower before anyone heard them.

"Why do you two always have to be so frigid ?"
Lara put an arm around Michelle, the two walking together, pairing up to annoy the other blondes.

"Aigk, what's the big deal ? We all have one !"

"I don't ."

The pair turned around to look at James, the boy going bright when he made eye contact with Lara. Michelle noticed her cousin's inflamed face looking to her best friend, rolling her eyes she let her tongue roll off whatever her mind had thought of.

"You are one ."

The younger Quinn just rolled her eyes, unlatching from Michelle as the curly haired girl went to walk with Erin and Clare.
Lara moved next to James, bright smile on her lips and a strawberry lollipop in between them.