5.0

TEENAGE KICKS
Season One : Episode Five
'The Orange Order'

Lara was having quite a peaceful sleep. No horror dream with people dying so far, something she's been having quite often recently. Unfortunately her peace was disturbed by loud thuds.

The blonde pushed herself up, looking around at the floor where discarded items were bouncing against the carpeted floors.

She cringed when she heard a loud smash coming from the other side of her bedroom, suddenly awake blue eyes looking over to the cause of the sound to find the picture frame of her and Erin as babies smashed against the floor.

Fantastic (!)

She quickly hopped out of bed, leaving the broken glass to be dealt with later as she pulled off the pink polka dot pyjamas in favour of a pair of baggy blue jeans and a black baby top with "suede" written across in the band's chunky beige writing.

Lara rushed down the stairs, throwing her hair up into a bird-nest of a bun before she stumbled into the kitchen just in time for a family argument.

"They've been playing the same three songs since 1795 what do they need to rehearse for ?!"

Lara looked into the other room to find her mother dragging a suitcase across the floor.

"Well practise makes perfect aunt Mary, y'know that is why they are so cracker."

Lara looked across to her cousin, the girl sat at the kitchen table with her knees up, tapping a large knife and a wooden spoon like drumsticks.

"Are you talking about the Orange Order ? Did you just call the Orange Order 'cracker' ?"

The blonde gave her cousin a confused eyebrow before subtly taking the large knife out of her hands and resting g in on the counter top far away from the brunette.

"I'm considering joining."

" Yeah I don't think they accent catholics Orla ."

Across the table, Erin dropped another spoon of cereal into her mouth, sarcasm dripping of her words, Lara followed along .

"Or acknowledge our right to exist ?"

The younger Quinn grabbed a piece of bread, dropping it in the toaster and adjusting the temperature.

"We need to shift ourselves we're the last fenians standing !"

"Relax love we've a good 2-3 hours before the rioting starts."

"I'll not settle myself until we're over that border da."

Lara turned away from her rush ma, the older woman stood with her jumper sleeves rolled up and her hands resting on her hips as their da left Anna in the crib besides the kitchen and started on the suitcases.

"You're absolutely sure we need the big clock love ?"

"We've been through this Gerry."

"Definitely don't want to bring the wee clock ?"

"I can't be doing with the wee clock !"