1.75

TEENAGE KICKS
Season One : Episode One
'Stage Door'

Lara wasn't good at running, not in the slightest.
She had been running for a good ten minutes when she gave up, deciding to just quick walk to the concert venue. It was only a street away and the band would still be playing.

As she reached the entrance to the small venue, she grabbed her deodorant and perfume out of her bag, pushing the thick green blazer to the side to reach the bottles that were underneath everything. Then what could only be described as a violent application of the sprays occurred, and a final lipliner and gloss retouch.

When she got to the main room of the dingy building, Lara was met with a large and very active crowd. She felt a small smile creep onto her lips at the sight, knowing it would've made the band members day.

At the far end of the room to her, bright lights lit up her boyfriend and his friend, the four seventeen year old putting their whole soul into their music.

Lara turned away from the crowd, knowing there was no way she was going through all that in her uniform and with her bag, so she wondered over to the bar.

There was no way of getting a drink here, one reason being that the entire of Derry knew each other so the bar staff would know she's not old enough and, from the looks of whose on drinks tonight, would be as difficult as possible just to annoy her. And reason two being that she was literally in a school uniform.
Bit of a giveaway .

"Diet coke please."

The middle aged man on the other side of the bar gave her a nod before pouring the drink, handing the large plastic cup over as she left a few coins on the side for him.

Soon the band had finished their final song and the staff were trying to get the crowd to leave the overcrowded room. Lara had wondered off before them all, going to stand in the street at the back of the building to wait for David and his mates.

After five minutes, she'd gotten bored of waiting and decided to knock on the door marked in bold black letters with 'STAGE DOOR'.

It didn't take long for JJ's head to pop out, a broad smile on it when he saw the shivering girl.

"Alright there Lara ?"

"Just let me in ye twat."

She pushed past the band's drummer, letting herself into the door that was clearly dedicated for the band to hang out in before and after. There she found the guitarist and vocalist slouched on the black leather sofa in the corner, a cider in both of their hands.

"Alright fellas ?"

They both turned to her, JJ shoving past her back into his seat before she could steal it.

Lara strolled further into the white brick room, leaving her handbag on the small table in the corner that had been left clear.

Once fully in the room, she found a doorway which lead to another room, David soon appearing and walking through the door-less hole with a huge grin on his face.

"Aye, I thought it was your voice I heard. You been waiting long ?"
Lara let him wrap his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him again like he had in the morning, only this time she didn't need to worry about Erin appearing out of nowhere.

"Five minutes, should've just knocked quicker."

Lara let out a little laugh, placing her thumb on his chin to guide his head down so she could give him a quick kiss.

Well that had been the intention, but soon the other fellas in the room where calling both of their names to try and stop the scence infront of them escalating.

David sat down on a table, shoving the door next to it shut and dragging Lara over to him.

"What's with the school uniform, girl ?"

Paddy changed the conversation again, distracting the girl by throwing a lighter in her direction, David had asked for it a few minutes ago, one of his mates finally finding one in a pocket.

She turned towards her boyfriend, who had a cig waiting between his lips. Her legs had been moved to fall over one of his as she sat next to him previously so it was easier for her to slip the plastic lighter from between the bassists fingers.
He gave her a confused look when she nabbed the lighter off him, putting his arm back behind her.

Lara placed a hand on his jaw, dragging it back over to look at her as she lit the flame and held it under the cig in his mouth, a smirk falling on his lips at her concentration on the flickering flame.

Remembering the previous question, Lara slipped back into reality, leaving David to take drags from the nicotine, his arm holding onto her waist on the other side of him and dragging her closer so she was practically on him.

"My teacher died mid detention so I snuck out. I didn't really have time to change Patrick."

The room filled with cackles.

"Donnelly, you're a bad influence on the wain."
JJ pointed a finger at his mate who just took another drag.

"Speak of which," Lara turned back to the boy beside her, "My mammy's literally going to skin me alive when I get home so I might need to crash at your's for a while."

She put on her best smile, fluttering her eyelashes and everything which just made him laugh more.

"Always, my parents love you anyways so they'll be fine with anything."

︎☆

It was gone 1am by the time Lara and David had made it to the latter's home. The front room and upstair's lights still on, the only ones on the street.

"Did your parents say when they wanted us back ?"

David stopped the pair if them in the middle of the street, pausing for a second before a look of panic fell on his face. He grabbed onto her wrist and pulled the jumper sleeve up slightly to show the ticking wristwatch .

"Aye we're definitely late."

Was all he said before he dragged them up the cobbled drive.

Word Count
1057