4.0

TEENAGE KICKS
Season One : Episode Four
'The Wee Children of Chernobyl'

Lara sat slouched across the couch, her dressed up baby sister in her arms whilst her mother ran around the house in a frenzy, both tidying up and screaming about the time.

"We should've left three and a half minutes ago people !"

Lara shifted herself to be standing up, trying to calm Anna down. For someone who was in a loud house she did cry a lot because of the noise, Lara thought she would've got used to it by now.

As always, Erin was making the family late, having ran back upstairs half an hour ago to find a completely different outfit since both hers and Lara's were blue. They were two completely different shades of blue in two completely different formats of clothing but apparently that was too close for comfort for Erin. It's not like they wore identical uniforms five days a week or anything (!)

The younger blonde layed Anna down in her basket for a second as she pulled her jacket over her dark blue skater dress, the blue and white plaid killing the pleated skirt a bit. Well it wasn't her jacket anyways, it was just another one she'd stolen off David, but Erin was too caught up in her Ukrainian coming to notice anything these days.

She picked the wain back up, making sure Anna was comfortable in her arms before walking them towards the front door, Erin's thuds coming down the stairs telling her that they'd be leaving now.

"We're matching aren't we."
She poked Anna's arm playfully, the baby being unhappily forced into a white and navy blue sailor dress by their ma.

"Come on everyone we need to get nice seats !"
"Love, we've still got an hour before it starts, it'll only take fifthteen minutes to walk there."

Lara could hear her parents bickering from the kitchen, a regular Sunday event.

Within the Chapel, Lara's legs were getting tired. There's only so much standing up you can do with a baby wriggling around in your arms before you just want to sit down.

She was just innocently looking around the room, her attention span being lost ages ago, when she noticed a strange gesture from the elderly man besides her.

"Did you just wink grandda ?"

"No."

Okay that answer was far too quick.

"What would I have to be winking about ?"

She knew better than to argue with her grandda, just shrugging her shoulders. Her reply was kept in her soft accent rather than her previous inquisitive one.
"I don't know, but I'd be careful if I where you. If ma catches you she'll definitely find out."

The man next to her leant down slightly, nudging his granddaughter to move closer to him for the second.

"If she hadn't caught you yet lovey, I'm going to be okay."