twenty

rain pattered down on them as liara, aang, and zuko watched the fire nation and earth kingdom soldiers fight.

it was like the war never ended.

"one moment, I know that I should defend my people, but the next, I know that I have to follow through with the harmony restoration movement." zuko said and turned to the avatar.

"aang, how am I supposed to know what to do when his voice is all I hear?"

Liara looked at the teenage boy, looking at his pale face calmly. "you shouldn't have turned to ozai for advice," she said calmly and zuko whipped around and scowled at her.

"his uncle, make him turn to his uncle for guidance."

Liara thanked the uneverse for yao. he was the only one keeping her sane in this situation. he had the insight of predicting what will happen next, and he was the only one telling her not to keep her promise right now.

"your uncle is much wiser than ozai will ever be. he has a pure heart and great honour. you should have asked him, instead of turning to your lunatic father for help."

"my uncle runs a teashop in ba sing se." zuko seethed, "it will take me weeks to travel to him."

Liara's glare softened. "did you forget about me and aang? we're your friends, zuko. just send me a messenger hawk and I'll be there for you, even if it's for something as simple as flying you to iroh's teashop."

~

liara's eyes fluttered open, what a strange dream.

she groggily sat up and heard a groan from beneath her, smiling at a sleepy aang who tried to pull her back to her former sleeping position.

her hair was messy, but she ignored it as she looked over the edge of diki's saddle. they were almost there.

aang sat up and rubbed his eyes before giving his girlfriend a chipper "good morning."

the girl in question was contemplating her existence, it being way too early to live. judging by where the sun hung in the in the sky, it was between six and seven in the morning.

way too early to live.

after liara tamed her hair and freshened up a bit, she finally looked okay, although she still felt like sleeping.

she'd rather sleep than try and calm another war. the first one was tiring enough.

"alright, there it is." aang said, looking over the city before turning to liara. "are you helping me, honey?" he asked with a hopeful smile and the tired girl smiled at him. "of course, honey."

aang stood atop of diki and Liara aided his voice with soundbending it to be louder, "all fire nation residents of yu dao, you have to evacuate! your lives are in danger!"

but before aang could continue, a blast of fire almost hit him, while a meteor hammer was thrown at liara.

"careful, honey! we're being attacked by firebenders." aang said quickly. "earthbenders too." liara added, sending a gust of air to the meteor hammer, changing its trajectory by ninety degrees.

next thing she saw was throwing axes, and both she and aang airbender them away. "what the hell! if they want to attack us, they should make up their minds with a weapon of choice!" the girl hissed.

"there's the axe thrower," aang pointed before speeding after the man.

Liara flew diki higher and opened her glider. "go find somewhere safe, girl! I'll call for you soon."