eighteen

liara and aang flew to ba sing se alone after leaving toph, katara and sokka by toph's metalbending school with appa.

the two of them cuddled in diki's jasmine-lined saddle for a good while, just talking and enjoying each other's company after you dao.

now, they were brainstorming about their future together, like most couples. they had been together for a year now.

"oh, and we'll definitely live near the beach or a lake so that we can have beach parties whenever we can." aang suggested and Liara nodded with a grin.

"and well have a watermelon patch and a fruit garden, just like at the temples." the girl stated, thinking of home.

"and we'll have a meditation room with a balcony to feel the breeze and hear the lemurs chirping." aang smiled.

diki groaned underneath the two airbenders, signalling that they had arrived at ba sing se.

Liara petted the bison's head, "find a safe face to sleep, okay girly?" the bison groaned.

she and aang then took their gliders and flew down to land in the city.

their yellow and orange attire stood out against the usual green and brown, but they didn't care.

"now we have to find somewhere to spend the night." aang said.

"I'm sure iroh has a spare room," liara replied, taking aang's hand. "do you remember how to get to the tea shop?" the boy asked his girlfriend, who nodded, "yup its-"

she was cut off by squeals. "is it, like, really you?" turning around, the airbenders saw two girls with paintings of aang's face stuck to their dresses.

Liara clicked her head to the side, how pequliar.

"I can't, like, believe it! is it really you? with your flying lemur and everything?" the girl said.

liara looked around, not seeing Momo. did the girl think liara was a lemur?? liara looked down at herself, noting how she didn't look like a tiny mammal with wings.

the girl continued," I had this, like, reoccurring dream that you'd just show up and be here magically and stuff,"

wow, she really needed to widen her vocabulary, liara thought to herself with a deadpan.

"no! bad liara! no judging!" she heard yao's voice in her head and huffed to herself. ever since yao discovered that he could contact her without meditation, he'd been abusing his power exponentially.

dumb monkey.

"rude."

Liara turned her attention back to the girl, who was still talking.

for some reason, her voice irritated the airbender a lot, but liara kept her pose, holding a neutral face. she was definitely tuning out of this one.

"did you hear that? they started a fan club for me!" aang smiled at his girlfriend. liara gave him a small, obviously forced, smile. "really? that's crazy."

crazy weird. and a little bit creepy. they don't even know Aang!

Liara was definitely getting irritated, but she took a breath and calmed herself. "someone's jealous!"

shut up, monkey man!

aang bowed at the two girls, "I'm aang, and my lemur is Momo." aang said as Momo climbed out of his shirt and perched on his shoulder.

that explained a lot.

Liara cleared her throat. "oh and this is Liara," aang gestured to her. she cleared her throat again, "my girlfriend." he smiled brightly