twenty eight

liara was back at the western air temple a few days later, earning kind greetings from all the acolytes there.

"good morning, master liara, how was your mission to find firelord zuko's mother?" daiyu asked as liara walked to the large crate of artifacts.

"successful. we found lady ursa in her childhood village." liara told the girl

"that's wonderful news." daiyu smiled.

Liara looked over the crate, everything was unsorted and randomised, so she got on her knees and began packing everything out to sort.

after she was done, she took a pen  and a small notebook to write every artifact the acolytes found on.

western air temple, artifacts.

three uncarved, unused gliders.

scrolls, thirty two.
includes,
airbending forms.
philosophy
history
spirituality
bison care

books, fourteen.
includes,
recipes
history
architecture
tradition
personal journals of monks, Nora,  Dhargey, Tara,  and Bhuti
personal journal of Guru Hariti.

two embroidered tapestries, one of the nomads learning bending from the bison. one of a female monk teaching children about the spirits raava and vaatu.

jewelry, includes,
traditional beads carrying the emblem.
turquoise earring studs, worn by monk zayah at her friend's wedding.
golden brooches carrying the emblem(seven total)
wedding bands, (five total)
two golden upper armbands.

liara had never realised how many things were actually left behind. back when she was living in the temple before reuniting with aang, she only used the kitchens, the meditation chambers and her own room.

"this is a very good haul." she said. "for now, let's rest for the day and then we'll head to the fire lord's palace first thing tomorrow morning."

daiyu looked at the airbender strangely, "why? shouldn't we leave everything here where it belongs?"

Liara shook her head. "no. there might be bandits nearby who will raid the place if they discover it. also, we're going to be going through the other temples as well, so no one will be here to watch over it."

"oh, I understand. but why the palace?"

Liara took a breath, "the palace is probably the safest place in the world right now. there are guards and kyoshi warriors all around. not to mention that the firelord, one of the most powerful firebenders, lives there."

~

as diki landed in the courtyard, she immediately laid flat on the ground, exhausted.

Liara felt guilty for letting the poor bison fly all day with fifteen people on her back, plus around a hundred kilo's of artifacts.

sliding down the bison's head, liara hugged the animal and kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry for making you fly so much, girly."

the bison growled, forgiving the girl.

"liara, it is so good to see you."

she turned to see iroh waving at her while walking down the stairs.

"iroh! how have you been?"

she walked up to the man and hugged him tightly with a bright smile. "I've been great,"