Chapter Nineteen: Isla

In a forest full of fumes that can either kill you or make you fall in love on the spot, a sheep with a calming pink coat walks idly, enjoying nature. The sheep pauses at a tranquil pond, cautiously scanning for predators before bending down to sip from the crystal-clear water.

"Meow!"

A kitten's desperate cry echoes, and the sheep discovers a leaf-clinging feline on the brink. The parent meows back on the other side but can do nothing but frantically try to follow wherever she can.

The sheep, feeling its duty to protect the creatures of this forest, walks on the pond, floating on the water and easily paddling to the distressed kitten. It stops, offering its warm woolen back and without hesitation, the kitten jumps, letting the leaf sink. The little one is trembling but happy that he gets to see the world and especially his family another day.

They reach the edge of the pond where the mother is waiting, meowing happily. The sheep kneels down as the kitten jumps, quickly rubbing himself on his mother, purring happily. The mother gently rubs her head on the sheep's in gratitude before the mother and son disappear into the forest.

The sheep follows them with its eyes, making sure they're safe before nodding to itself. Its gaze turns to the sky, watching as the sun slowly sets. It sprouts majestic wings with feathers as fluffy as its fleece, flapping its wings, it prepares to fly into the evening.

"I AM CHAOS!"

The sheep is taken aback and looks at the thick forest. Suddenly, a spear strikes its eye, killing it instantly.

"Do you have to be so loud?" Circe groans, walking towards the clearing. Behind her, two companions run to their find, their clothings tattered like they're some kind of primitive people.

"Aww, I wanted the eyes." Eris whines, looking down at the fallen winged guardian.

Atë shrugs, pulling her spear out of her prey, "There's still the other one. Whoa, it has some brain matter on it, should I lick it?"

Circe reaches the creature and kneels, touching its forehead before bowing her head, the two follow in respect for the creature they just killed.

"Thank you for your sacrifice," Circe utters, full of gratitude. They bow for a minute to give a respectful silence to the dead before the sorceress stands up, dusting herself. "Alright, who's up for a feast!"

"Woohoo!" The other two cheer in agreement.

They lost their powers when they entered this realm, and food feels like a necessity rather than a luxury to them now. With their chaotic plan in mind, they still push on, and it's also in the same path as home. Turns out Eros' magic sweat, much like Aphrodisiac's power, only inspires people to mate. It awakens the natural instinct to procreate instead of actually love, so they have to look somewhere else since they don't think the Erotes can even inspire true love, much less deep devotion.

In another forest.

"IT'S EATING ME ALIVE!" Eros yells as his baby body gets chomped by a rhino, Hedylogos and Himeros are trying to pull him out all while avoiding killer bees.

Hedylogos is trying to keep the bees away with a fan, but they keep coming back like a boomerang. Maybe he should've brought a bigger hand fan. "Mother Aphrodite! There's ton of them coming out of that cave!" He yells in a panic.

Near the foot of a large tree, Pothos has his legs on his chest, arms wrapped around it as carnivorous birds seem to have nested on his green locks. They'd certainly attack him if he moves. He looks traumatized as he whispers, "This is fine."

In a quicksand, Hermaphrodite looks bored as always, her arms wrapped around her chest as she waits for her doom. Next to her is Anteros who's running out of time faster than her in this form, he misses his tall body.