Chapter Two: Awoken

Hebe looks eager as you start to open your eyes. She hugs her older brother in joy. "She's waking up! Thank you! Thank you!!"

Hermes pats her head as he stares at you with an unreadable expression.

"Ouch..." Was the first thing that came out of your mouth.

"I need to get a potion and food! Please watch over her, brother and don't do anything I wouldn't do." The young goddess says before running to the kitchen.1

You slowly sit up but the trickster slowly pushes you back down.

"Whoa there, don't get up yet."

It's weird seeing you wake up from a deep sleep and even weirder that you already have the energy to move. You're about to speak again when Hermes cuts you off.

"Just rest for now until Hebe comes back." Hermes admires your face before continuing. "How are you feeling?"

You try to think about how you feel and honestly, it isn't too bad considering you've just woken up. But you can still sense something is missing.

"I'm alright, I guess..." You give him a small smile and the god, who is a stranger to you, visibly relaxes upon hearing your reply. "If you don't mind me asking, who are you and where am I?"

The trickster raises an eyebrow, clearly amused by your question. It's weird that someone doesn't know him. After taking a moment to ponder his response, he decides he may as well answer your questions.

"Well, My name is Hermes, son of the gods of gods, god of trade, wealth, luck, fertility, animal husbandry, sleep, language, thieves, and travel. Herald of the gods. I'm the one who sends messages back and forth between Olympus and everywhere." He explains, his tone serious but with a hint of playfulness.

That's a lot of titles. Are you suppose to bow to him since he's a god? You are very confused right now and your head is aching. "Well this is embarrassing... call me (Name) the... just (Name) is okay."

He gives you a small nod before continuing on. "What were you doing on Mount Olympus? If I may ask?"

Before you can answer, Hebe arrives. "I hope I didn't keep you waiting for long!" The goddess sits next to you with a bottle in hand and food on the other.

You stare at her, it feels nice to see the person who helped you. "Thank you, Hebe." She's the only person you remember.

The young goddess looks at you in surprise. "You know my name?"

You give her a small smile. "Of course, how could I forget the one that helped me?"

Hebe smiles at the recognition she's been given.

"And also, my name is (Name)."

"(Name)! That's a beautiful name. I'm so glad to finally talk to you!" Her voice sounds excited and genuinely happy. "Oh! Here, please drink this to regain your health." She offers you a goblet and you drink without hesitation.

As you swallow the liquid, you feel the magic rush through your veins and your headache goes away almost immediately.
Once you've finished, you give the cup to her. "Thank you."

"So, what are you going to do now?" Hermes finally speaks up from where he's sitting.

Hebe suddenly remembers the question she's suppose to ask. "Oh. (Name), do you know why you're here? I found you passed out on the courtyard."

You take a bite at the fruit offered to you and think for a moment but nothing comes up. You're memory is blank with only Hebe's name and your name and also various information that doesn't make sense. Even the memory you've spent with Morpheus is gone like a dream.

"I... can't remember anything." Is what you manage to say.

Hebe nods but she looks worried. "Your friends and family must be worried by now."

"Maybe you're trying to forget your past... Hebe, teach her how to work here. I'll try my best to find your home." Hermes says, he has the urge to make you stay here a little longer since you seems interesting to him.

Hebe turns to you, "Is that alright with you?"

You don't really know anything or have anywhere to go so this might be a good thing to learn about how everything works here. "Yes."

"Alright then! I'll be teaching you how to run this place! This is going to be so exciting!"