Chapter Fourteen: Eros

Eros...

He was the first of all, the primal force that stirred the chaos into cosmic order. He was the love that bound the universe, the spark of life in every living creature.

He did not take a side in the great war between the elder Titans and the gods. He only wished to spread his love and joy to every being, mortal and divine.

But fates were cruel and cut his life short,  A stray bolt of lightning from the sky hit him by chance and pierced his heart and made him fall from heaven to the earth.

His blood became a fountain of new life. From every drop, a winged god would rise; The Erotes, who spread love and woe.

They flew to Aphrodite, goddess fair who sensed in them a kindred spirit's flame. She took them as her own, her children dear and gave them each a different name.

There was Pothos, the longing;
Himeros, the desire;
Anteros, the requited love;
Hedylogos, the charm of love;
Hymenaios, the wedding song;
Hermaphrodite who was once Hermaphroditus, the symbol of unified love.

They followed her wherever she would go and helped her in her schemes and games. But none of them could ever truly know the sorrow of their father's fate.

He lies forgotten in a dark abyss. The first of all, the primal force, he was the love that bound the universe, the spark of life in every living creature.

Hebe tenderly brushes the glistening coat of a Pegasus, humming in a soft tune. The scene exudes an air of serenity and calm, the tranquility of Mount Olympus in its purest form. But then, the Pegasus, once docile and graceful, starts making frantic sounds, as if gripped by an unexplainable fear.

In an instant, chaos erupts. The once-composed stable is thrown into pandemonium. Every creature within its confines, from the majestic Pegasus to the humblest of animals, becomes a whirlwind of panic and terror. The servants, caught in the midst of this tumultuous storm, aren't spared as they scramble to evade the stampeding hooves and flapping wings.

Hebe, her azure eyes reflecting a deep concern, stands at the epicenter of this divine turmoil. She possesses an innate understanding of the creatures under her care, an unspoken connection that transcends mere words. She senses that something has gone wrong, something that strikes at the very heart of her domain.

With a commanding voice that resonates with both authority and compassion, Hebe raises her voice above the cacophony. "Everyone, be calm and go somewhere safe," she commands. Her words, like a soothing melody, cut through the tumultuous sea of fear, quelling the chaos that surrounds her. The servants follow her command, quickly leaving the chaotic place.

Hebe's eyes sweep over the menagerie of creatures, a deep sadness in her azure gaze. In that moment. The love that once flowed between Hebe and her charges, a connection that bound them, has vanished. It's in the eyes of the animals, once warm and trusting, now replaced by a hollowness and the primal fear to protect themselves.

As you reemerge on the sacred grounds of Mount Olympus, supported by the sturdy backs of the trusty donkey, you're immediately feel an inexplicable unease. The world around you shimmers with a radiant golden hue, you feel dizzy.

Apollo stands beside you, he gently rubs your back with a sheepish smile, "Sorry for that, lovely mortal," he says in a tone as melodious as a celestial symphony, "it was an emergency."