|| Chapter 19: The Divine Statue||

To be honest time is going very quickly. The year is almost over and our junior year is coming to an end. It's kind of sad, this year was pretty fun. A year like no other, I experienced a lot and was happy I did. 

"Aisha, earth to Aisha", Shlya kept repeating over and over. I shook my head as I saw her, Harris and Sajid staring at me while we're in the auditorium. 

"Umm... ji (yes)?", I nervously replied. "Kaha ho yaar (Where are you), it's about to start", Shyla bonks my head and says. I look up has the lights dim and the spotlight is in the center of the stage. 

"Is every junior history class present? If so we shall begin, Good morning Juniors! As you may know it's almost the end of the year, and this year it's the history district that will be doing end of the year junior field trip. For this field trip we will be going to the Statue of Liberty. 

The history classes will be mixed and everyone will be into groups of 6 for this trip, you can organize them yourselves in 3 days and submit your groups if not we will pick them for you. Staff and faculty will be chaperoning this trip as we go on the boat ride to see the Statue and Ellis Island. 

Lunch will be provided, however I would recommend bring your own lunch and or money to use on the trip. There is a QR code behind me, please scan that and fill out your information if you are interested in going. We will be giving out permission forms for your parents to sign, which are due on Friday. 

I hope you all attend this amazing field trip with us to celebrate the coming end of your junior year", our principal said putting her mic down. 

Teachers are now passing permission forms out to every row of the auditorium. Sajid receives them and passes them down to Harris, Shyla and then me. We all wait until the bell rings to be released but for now we have to wait. 

"Yo, so we're four people right now, who else should we get in our group", Harris asks. I look around, "I'm not actually sure, it looks like everyone we know are forming their own groups". 

A girl pops her head from behind us,"Hey Shyla, can Wayne and me join y'all's group?", she said. I look at Sajid and Sajid looks at me, Shyla looks at Harris and looks at the two people behind us. "Um, sure why not!", Shyla says. 

"Sounds great!", the girl says. I look at Shyla and whisper, "Who are these two?". She whispers back, " There in my chemistry class, they are nice but they are a lovey dovey couple. Are you going to be fine with that? I know how you feel when you're around couples."

I'm crying, a lovey dovey couple really?  I mean the reason I feel weird around couples is because I'm Muslim and you can't date in Islam. Then again, loving or having a crush on someone isn't haram it's just if you act upon it in the wrong way. 

 Sajid and I can't touch each other, can't be in a private setting together or anything like that. We usually make fun of couples, usually cause we can't do what they normally do until we're married.

I laugh, "Yeah, don't worry about me. I'll be fine". I look at Sajid and we both start laughing. The bell rings and each class starts getting up. to be dismissed. We 4 get up and head for the exit. "Harris and I are that way, we will catch y'all later", Shyla says as she waves. 

"Yeah, see you guys later", I say waving back. Sajid looks behind us and we see that girl and her boyfriend Wayne. "Pssst, I bet they won't last", he says whispering and giggling. 

I look behind us slowly, I laugh too, "I know I know". We both hurry to class before we're both late. 

A week later, Shyla submits a list of our group and everyone turns in their permission form for the field trip. Everything is ready expect for what were packing apparently. The weather might be a bit warm since it's spring and we're going to be standing outside for quite a while.