||Chapter 9: Shopping Spree||

I look at my mom, still expecting an answer. She paused and thought for a while, which made me a bit impatient, but I have to have sabr (patience). She looked at me, "Theek hai, aap jaa sakte hain" (fine, you can go).

I got so happy, "Shukria mama" (Thank you), I skipped away to my room to tell everyone the great news. So it's settled then: at 2 PM tomorrow, we all meet at the shopping district mall.

The rest of the day was pretty boring. Baba went to work, and mama had to take Isa to his classes. Aya just stayed on her phone in the corner, and I texted Sajid. We spent the day laughing and messing around over text.

This boy really does make me smile and laugh so much, even if he makes his own jokes and is the only one laughing. I just laugh hearing him laugh.

We called for a few hours, and then again at midnight. I really did mess up my sleep schedule just for him. At most, I get so tired I pass out, then I just end up sleeping on the call with him. I woke to pray Fajr, and then saw that he fell asleep too.

I smiled and went to the bathroom to make wudu and go back to pray. After I was done, I made so much dua for him and for us. I got up and folded my prayer mat and put it away as I got back into bed. I could still hear him softly snoring; it made me laugh.

He's so cute, mashallah. I just love him so much. I sat there closing my eyes and eventually fell asleep. All I could ever dream about was him and only him, us and our future together and our happiness.

I guess he woke up before me because I could hear him talk, whispering my name. "Meri jaaaan, are you awake, Aishaaa?"

I yawn, "hmm" and he laughs, "You're so cute." I opened my eyes slowly and looked at the phone. "Can't you see I'm trying to sleep?" I closed my eyes and turned to the side. Next thing I knew, he was just laughing and saying, "Come on, wake up, I want to talk to my pyaari jaanu (pretty darling), pretty please."

My heart just sank after hearing those words. I started blushing so much my face was warm and I was slightly red. I hesitated and stuttered, trying to make out the right words. He just laughed more and more. Oh god, this was embarrassing as hell...

"F-fine, I'll wake up." I turned back around and got up, sitting on my bed yawning and rubbing my eyes.

"Aren't you excited that we're all going to the mall today?" he says. I look at the time on my phone and mumble, "Yeah, I can't wait. I just hope I find some outfits to take to Chicago." "Don't worry, you'll find plenty. You look beautiful in anything you find, mashallah," he said so casually.

I honestly started blushing softly. This boy really makes me kick my legs and scream like a little girl sometimes. He's so adorable, I just can't sometimes. "Yeah yeah, whatever," I pout, then smile afterward.

I could hear him get up, "Chalo, hamein kis waqt jana chahiye? Time batao?" (Come on, what time should we leave? Give me a time), he questioned. "Ummm, aik baje theek hai?" (1 o'clock is good?). "Haan, aik baje, theek hai. Main Shyla aur Harris ko batata hoon," (Yeah, 1 o'clock is good, I'll tell Shyla and Harris).

I get up from my bed and stand by my dresser. "Theek hai, lekin main ab tayyar ho jaungi, baad mein aapko text karungi" (Okay, but I'm going to get ready now, I'll text you later). He sighs, "Tum itni jaldi kyun jaa rahi ho, ruk jao" (Why are you leaving so quickly? Stay).

"Meri jaan, I have to go. My parents are going to be up soon. I'll text you soon, and we'll get to see each other in a few hours." "Fineeeeee," he says, sounding upset. Awww, my poor baby, I wish I could talk to him on call longer but I don't want to risk getting in trouble.

"Allah Hafiz, my precious shehzadi, I love you so much," he says. "I love you so much more, meri pyaari si jaanu," he laughed softly. I really didn't want to hang up, but if my parents found out, they wouldn't be too happy. I hung up a few seconds later and went to the bathroom.