||Chapter 7: Closure||

People rushed back and forth, panicking in the classroom. Unfortunately, there was only one more week until the quarter ended, and grades would be locked. Sajid and I were just there, playing Animal Crossing on his Nintendo Switch, perfectly calm, knowing we both had the highest grade in the class. It was honestly easy if you did your work and paid attention.

But looking at the rest of the class, they didn't really put any effort into getting a passing grade. I honestly hated it when people begged us for the answers, like we weren't some AI.

People should make some effort and try their best, at least. But it's whatever. "Haha, I won," he poked my head with the joy pad. "Yeah yeah, I was distracted," I rolled my eyes. He laughed. I smiled. His laugh was so cute; seeing him happy gave me a nice little warm feeling inside.

I wanted to protect that smile and happiness, no matter what. Nothing stopped the assistant teacher, Mrs. Nolle; she kept yelling and yelling about getting work submitted. It was honestly annoying. She was yelling at me and Sajid, even though we had no missing work.

Sometimes I really hated school, or maybe just her. I wanted a break; school had been hard, but still, I was getting good grades. If I'm going to graduate with a high GPA and get into the finest fashion school in all of New York, it will be worth it.

Class was shortly over, and we stopped by our lockers. He opened his, and apparently, a note fell out of it. I stared at it as it fell to the floor. Sajid picked it up and opened it. I wondered what it was. Sajid's face went pale, and he just gave off a weird look.

I took it from his hand and read it out loud: "To Sajid, you don't really know me right now, but you will soon xoxo." I froze, and my heart kind of sank as I looked down.

I'm okay, just take a deep breath, I'm fine. One thing about me, little things bothered me a lot. I got jealous so easily; it would ruin my mood for a while. Sajid looked at me. "Jaanu, kya baat hai (Love, what's wrong)?"

I sighed, not saying a word. He ripped the paper, threw it in the trash, and laughed. "Do you honestly think I care about whoever this girl is? I couldn't care less; you're the only girl who has my heart, meri jaan," he smiled as he pulled out a notebook from his locker.

I blushed and looked away, trying to avoid eye contact. Like, oh my God, when he makes eye contact with me and calls me meri jaan, I just feel so many butterflies. I'm so in love with this boy.

He got his stuff ready, and we went off to our next class. Again, people were panicking about grades or missing assignments. It was never quiet in any class. When this happened, I either played or talked to Sajid or worked on a new design for my collection.

Classes went by, and the day just felt longer. Sajid and I were walking to lunch, and weirdly enough, we saw so many couples around. Not going to lie, it was making me jealous. Couples holding hands and being so close like that. I wanted that with Sajid after marriage.

I really wanted to run my fingers through his fluffy hair and hold his soft, warm hands. "Aisha, earth to Aisha, are you alive?" he snapped his fingers in my face. I snapped out of my fantasies. "Huh, what do you want?" I pouted.

"I've been calling your name for the past few minutes. Where are you at?" I looked at him, then quickly looked away, blushing softly. I was totally not making random cute scenarios in my head about us. "I'm here, jeez, I was just thinking about something," I said. He looked at me, unamused. "Well, snap out of it; you almost hit the pole."

I looked behind me. I should be more careful... We went inside the cafeteria and sat with Haris and Shyla.

"Hey, guys!" I said, putting my lunchbox on the table. Shyla looked up at me, "Hey, girl, what's up?" I smiled, "Nothing much, just bored. How was your day so far?"