Just My Luck.. [Arranged Marriage to My Teacher] Chapter Four

The week has flown by and much to my mothers dismay I wasn't getting along with Ezra.  Everyday after class I was kept behind for one reason or another.  We'd argue through my free block and never resolved anything.  Things aren't looking so good for us.  Ezra drives me nuts and he just can hold a grudge.

It's currently five in the morning, and I'm grudgingly doing last minute packing.  Today is the day I get to move into hell, in other words, Ezra's apartment and I am so not looking forward to it.  By Ten AM I'm going to be moved into his apartment and chances we'll fight every waking moment.

-- 

Ten AM rolled around and I'm currently standing out side Ezra's door. My Mom is dragging my bags up to his third floor apartment, I'm following behind her hoping she'll turn around and tell me this is all some elaborate joke, but it isn't. After we reach his door she leaves me with a kiss on the cheek and a reminder to be nice.  A brunette guy, he cant be  much older then twenty, opens the door for me. I'm guessing he wasn't expecting me seeing as his hair looks like he just rolled out of bed and he's only wearing pyjama pants, showing off his upper body. He's pretty cute all ruffled up. He stretches before he seems to realize we're both just standing there. 

"Hey, you're looking for Ezra, aren't you? Hold on." Mystery boy says.

"Looking for wouldn't be my term for it." I say quietly, laughing gently before he smiles and turns into the apartment.

Moments and a lot of incoherent groggy mumbling later Ezra appears in the doorway and ushers me and my belongings in. "your room is there," he points at a door down the hallway and to the left, "and if you need anything, tough luck kid.  I'm going back to bed." With that he turns and enters what I'm guessing is his room.

"I'm Christopher, Ezra's brother. You must be Kirsten, it's a pleasure." says the brunette cutie who opened the door for me. With that he picks up my two biggest bags and shows me to my room. For being related to Ezra he sure is pleasant.

"It's nice to meet you, Christopher. Thank you for helping me with my bags." I reply smiling.

"Anytime," he says smiling at me, putting the last of my eight bags down, "I should leave you to unpack, if you need anything I'll be watching television."

"Thanks." I smile, pausing before I continue what I'm saying, "Hey, before you go, I have a question for you."

"Shoot."

"Is Ezra naturally grumpy or is it just because he's being forced to marry me?" I ask quietly.

 "That is a good question." Christopher laughs, " Are we talking mornings, weekdays or everyday?" 

"In general."

"He's never been the happy-go-lucky sort, but since you've been introduced into this mess he's been grumpier during the day, happier in the mornings and completely bitter in the evening."

"Really? He's one strange man. Thank you." I smile.

"Tell me about it." He smiles and leaves me to get settled into the room.

--

After putting my things away I find myself exhausted and in dire need of something to eat. I decide to leave 'my' room in search of something to eat.  Instead of finding an empty hallway like I expected, I discover Christopher with hi arm poised and ready to knock on "my" door. In his other arm he's holding a tray full of "Lunch, enough for two of us." he smiles, "you must be starving after all that unpacking."

Thank you, you really didn't have to." I say looking fondly at the food. "For two you say? You're joining me?"

"Of course I am, didn't think I'd make you sit in silence all day, did you?" he chuckles as he enters my room and puts the food down for us.

We talk, we laugh, we get along great. If only we didn't meet under these circumstances,  I mean me being forced to marry his brother and all. Maybe then we could be more then this. Christopher is sweet, funny and smart. We both love the Beatles and reading, though we can't agree on our favourite books. Nor can we agree on food. But it's fun bickering with him. If only Ezra was a little more like his brother, then maybe I could fall for him.

I'm falling for my fiancé's brother.. Just my luck.. 

--------------

There we go Chapter four :) Feedback? xoxo Nicole