Just My Luck.. Chapter Twelve

Well heres an update for you.:) I'm sorry its so short.

I had a really busy summer with summer school courses and now that I'm back at school I'm pulling 9 hour days and hardly sleeping. (yay private school and the online courses ontop of it) Then add on my grandad died on the 36th of september so we've been having to prepare for that. 

So here you go a new chapter, with 13 hopefully coming soon. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

“What books did you find?” Chris asks me.

“Oh nothing much, a sappy romance novel by Nora Roberts and a couple guides on proper writing styles and formats. How about yourself?” I smile at him happy to find what I wanted.

“Found what I was looking for, documents on the development of our area.”

He must be one crazy boy to be interested enough in the legalities of our areas construction to spend his day off looking into it. But I guess I shouldn’t find it that strange considering he is a lawyer.  It’s good he’s passionate about what he does, he’s chosen a good career path for himself.  I would hate it if I had no drive to succeed in whatever I did for a living  in the future. I don’t want to wake up dreading the day ahead of me. I want to want to wake up in the morning excited to go to work and do something I love doing. 

“Ready to check our books out?” I ask Chris, bored of being inside.

We’ve been scavenging the library for the past two, nearly three hours now.  Chris was looking for research material, which he was having difficulties finding the right books and documents.  Where as I’ve been aimlessly walking through rows upon rows of books looking for something to read.  I had wanted a few pointers to improve my writing for essays and journalistic pieces.  The more I know the better.  But now that Chris is leading us towards the checkout desks I’m counting down seconds to freedom.  Lucky for us we didn’t have to wait long because there wasn’t anyone in front of us in line to check out books. With our books scanned and our receipts in hand we were out of the library within two minutes.

“Hallelujah.” I cry out, breathing in the warm floral fresh air of the libraries front gardens.

“Sick of the musty smell of old books and studious people?” Chris laughs, poking my side.

“Only missing the outdoors, my studious friend. I love the smell of a library its quite calming.  But after it reached the hour and a half mark I started to feel trapped, it’s a horrible feeling. Not at all something I’d enjoy enduring again anytime soon.” I reply, poking him back.

“Want to go to the park for a bit?” he suggests.

Grinning I enthusiastically agree and we climb into my truck and head for the park.

Once  puling into the space covered with shade by an old oak tree in the parking lot Chris and I took off, booking it out of the truck. We raced each other over to the swings like the little kids we are at heart, both wanting the navy blue swing.  He beat me to the swings by merely two seconds, we plop our behinds down in their rightful places on the swings, laughing our asses off the whole time.

Pushing my swing backwards in preparation of swinging my phone starts vibrating non-stop. Pulling it out of my pocket I am notified that I have three new text messages.

‘Where the fuck are you love? You’re supposed to be drooling over Mr. Williams with me’ none other then the lovely Mikayla to send me that when I’m not with her.

Before reading my other two messages I quickly type my reply back to her ‘I’m ditching, obviously. I’m just chillin’ at the park for a bit.’ 

‘You better be on your death bed Kirsten, you’re going to be hearing from me later about your lack of attendance and what I should do.’ -Ezra

Go figure, I can’t miss a single one of his classes, doubt hed even let me stay home if I was sick.

‘What are you my mother? I don’t need  a lecture from you.  You’re just the guy I’m being forced to marry. We’ll talk tonight, if I feel like it.’ I reply frowning, he really thought he could boss me around? Well he has another thing coming.

‘Kirsten, you look a little peeved, you alright?” Chris asks, looking over at me with his eyebrows scrunched  almost all together but his large brown eyes staring directly into mine.

“I’m fine, just feeling a bit walked over. Where does your brother get off telling me off over my attendance. It’s not like I want to marry him, he’s being forced on me.” I sigh, frustrated. Frustrated at my stupid mother, my stupid father, and stupid Ezra.

“Your teacher.” he replies half laughing at the fact that I forgot.

“Yeah.. Don’t remind me please.” 

“Ok, read your other text then.”

“I think I will.” I lift my phone back up from my hands resting on my lap and read my last message.

‘You’re proving my point on your own. You haven’t changed one bit. We’re talking at lunch tomorrow, alone.’ -Adam

‘Why?’

“Because we love each other.’ -Adam replies.

Here we go again, just my luck.

--------------------------------------------------------

See short. :( i'm so disapointed I was hoping I'd have more but it's 2am now and I have a 9 hour school day starting at 9 am so I need to sleep.

Please comment, and fan.

Much love, Nicole xoxo