Just My Luck.. Chapter Eleven

I just gots a laptop, YAY! My computer was a piece of crap so I'm estatic about it. Happy early birthday to me. :)

Anyways heres Chapter Eleven

------------

"Kirsten! Baby, I've missed you." my mother gushes when she opens the door, pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"Mom. Can't. Breathe." I gasp.

"Sorry, sorry.  Ezra, it's a pleasure to see you again. Come in, come in already." she smiles seemingly flustered.

We enter my home, house, no the place I grew up.  My mother leads us into the living room, motioning for us to sit, Ezra and I sit together on the cream coloured love seat, my mom sitting down on the matching couch adjacent to us.

"Your dad will be home in a moment, hun.  We've both missed you so much. So tell me how things have been, both of you." My mom says smiling like the Cheshire cat.

"I've been good mom. Schools going pretty alright and Christopher is sweet. I love the flat, even if I was forced into moving there." I pause, debating on what and how to tell my mother about Ezra and I. I steal a glance at Ezra, should I say we're getting closer, that we're friends or what?

"Christopher? Oh no baby, no.  Don't go falling for him, you know you're marrying Ezra as soon as you graduate." my mom tells me as though I could possibly forget.  Her eyes are set on me, eyebrows scrunched together and her lips are pursed.

I laugh.

"Mrs. Price, she didn't mean it like that, or I hope not. After all I mean kissing me and falling for my brother seems so unlike Kirsten.  I can only speak for myself, though I do hope feels the same way, but I like her. I am falling for your daughter." Ezra says, smiling at me hopefully.

My mother lets out an audible sigh of relief, "That my dear boy is music to sore ears.  I was so worried she was falling for your brother or this was all an act and you hated each other. Wait, you don't hate each other do you? And please dear, call me Melody, you make me feel so old with all that formal crap."

I laugh at my mother, leave it to her to be the one to break formalities. "Mom, you were seriously worried? We're on the love seat together, I don't think I'd so happily be seated here if I liked his brother." I squeeze Ezra's hand smiling at him.

"So you like Ezra?" My mother asks, once again looking like the Cheshire cat with that oversized grin back on her face.

"Yes mother."

"Not Christopher?"

"No mother." 

It feels weird sating that, I'm not sure why.  I mean Chris is sweet and funny. He makes me laugh and he's really good looking.  And by god if he doesn't have the most infectious smile too.  But I'm marrying Ezra, and he's caring, although pig-headed at times. He's good looking himself, more in the masculine underwear model way though.  Ezra's never a dull moment, but he's more task orientated unlike Chris who is more for living in the moment.

Wait a minute why am I comparing the tow of them? I like Ezra, I'm marrying Ezra, he's all that matters.

'You always run right back to that fact every time don't you. The fact that you're marrying Ezra, not the reasons why you like him.  You seem much more enthusiastic about what you like about Chris girlie.  Think about it. Who do you REALLY want?' that voice in my head says, making an appearance for the first time since a few nights ago.

Shit, what does the voice mean? i can't like Chris, that's not an option here.  But god his is great to be around, but so is Ezra. Chris is just a good friend, that's it. End of.