Just My Luck.. Chapter Thirteen (part one)

Dedicated to LaPushlover for being the first to comment on chapter 12 and actually motivated me to write up the first draft of this chapter.

Ok So here half of it is, it's 8:40am and I really need to start getting ready to go out before I fall asleep. 

Sorry it took so long to get out lifes been pretty horrible. With mmy grandad then y grandma dying, then my ex boyfriend trying to get me kicked out, last fall/winter was horrible. The threats continued till spring, which turned into threats againsts any male I know,. Then we found out my dad has prostate cancer. Yayy for a horrible year, right?

But here half of it is. Sorry it kind of sucks and isn't very ineresting.

___________________________________________

Chris and I spent the next hour and a half swinging and walking through the trails in the park. We talked about school, work, life and our childhoods.  Learning so much more about Chris showed me where his drive and passion about law came from.  It also helped me realise things about Ezra as well.  Their childhood wasn’t as perfect and happy as I had assumed.  Mr and Mrs Williams seemed like the perfect parents, they had always looked like such a happy family.  In reality though they were never around; Chris and Ezra often went weeks, sometimes months without their parents.  They were left with strangers, people only their parents knew, who sometimes misused their authority and power to get what they wanted.  Almost all of the people that they stayed with were not the most pleasant or pleasing for the boys.

At the age of thirteen, on the tenth of October, was the last day Chris was forced to stay with a stranger. That was only because Mrs Williams had thought that Ezra and Chris were old enough to take care of themselves at that point though. That was the day Chris knew that he would not let someone mistreat his family ever again. Therefore he swore that he’d have a job where he would not have to travel . That is why he became a lawyer, he gets to help make the wrongs people have done better, right there from home.  The only travelling he will be doing is with his family.

Chris and I left the park and headed for lunch at a quaint little sushi restaurant that neither of us had been to before.  Then we have been spending the rest of our day watching a horror movie marathon up until now, since Ezra just arrived home.

“Kirsten, we need to talk.  Your absence today is an issue for me.  You missed a lot of crucial work in your classes today.” Ezra says sternly, stepping in front of the TV.

“Nothing I can’t catch up in.” I reply to him, leaning to my right trying to see the screen.   

“Point is that you should not have to catch up, you should be caught up and attending class.  Skipping can quite easily become habit forming, Kirsten.  Tomorrow you will be driven to school with me.  I will not tolerate you skipping my class, let alone any other.” Ezra lectures me, his arms crossed.

“You may be my teacher but you can not control me. A teacher can not force a student to get driven to school with them.” I retort smirking, “ Anyways you’re overreacting it was one day, not a week this is ridiculous.” 

I think I’ve got this, I’ve won the battle.

“But a fiancé  can. You will be driven to school by me tomorrow, if you’ve been good I’ll let you drive home.”

Think again, its far from over it seems, great. But really, the fiancé card? As if I’d want to marry him!

“You’re only my fiancé because our parents said so, this union is forced remember.  If I had my way I would never marry you, you prick!  I am driving my truck myself, alone, tomorrow morning. I will attend school, and I will do it all on my own. I’m old enough to handle myself, thanks.  Any how I don’t want to drive your stinking car.” I huff.

I can’t believe he thinks he can order me around like this.  It is not right and I will make sure he knows it.  I may be marrying him, but I will not bow down to him and obey his demands.  I do not love him, I don’t want to marry him. I most certainly do not wish to be at his every beckon call.

“I don’t want to marry you either; but in the end you will be my wife and I, your husband. I think despite the fact that neither of us want it, we should make the best of it. Which means treating each other like equals.  Therefore you are my fiancé so I will respect and listen to you.  All I ask from you is to do the same for me.  Do you think you can do that?” Ezra asks.

“I agree that we should respect each other, but that doesn’t  mean I have to go into school with you tomorrow.  That isn’t very respectful to me, to discard how I feel about the matter.  I do agree that I should not skip and definitely not make a habit out of it.  But I do think I should be given the chance to prove myself instead of automatically being carted to and from school.”  I respond, knowing as much as I hate to admit it he is right, we have to respect each other.

“Ok, deal, you have a chance to prove yourself.  However if you skip again throughout the school year I will be driving you to and from school for a week though.”

“Sounds fair.”  I half smile, sticking my hand out for him to shake, “What? We made a deal, shake on it to make it official.”

Ezra takes my hand after a moment and shakes my hand, sealing the deal.

________________________________________

Vote, comment, fan?

Also if you want to pester me moer to get me to upload, or just show your support like my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/HeartbreakHeroine/155284201235495