Meeting The Family! (t W e N t Y n I n E)

Rose POV

        "What about this one?" Vincent asked me holding up a pink baby shirt that said Daddy's Girl.

        "Um, do you even know if it is a girl?" I asked.

        "No, but I just have a feeling, you know."

        I rolled my eyes and dragged him away from the baby section of Wal-Mart. "We're supposed to be Christmas shopping for our families, not picking out baby clothes."

        "I know, but can't help it. Ever since you've been okay with this I haven't felt more excited about having a kid. Of course I'm nervous and all, but I think I am genuinely happy about this."

        I smiled at him and squeezed his hand tightly. "I'm happy for you too, but we really need to find some gifts."

        "And what exactly do you expect to find at here?"

        "Well actually, I was just planning on getting some wrapping paper from here, I need to go to the mall to get the actual presents. Also I have something to tell you."

        "What is it?"

        "Well, my dad is supposed to be coming here for Christmas, and I want you to meet him."

        "You want me to meet your Marine father? That sounds potentially life-threatening."

        "It could possibly be. When he first met Jace, He made sure to polish his gun right in front of him, and then he decided to show Jace the barrel of his gun. I'm pretty sure Jace shit his pants. After everything that has happened since then, I'm more than positive you would want to do some hardcore physical and mental training."

        Vincent groaned and I laughed at him.

        I opened my mouth to tell him more about my dad but my phone rang.

        "Hello" I answered it.

        "Rose, you need to get home right away."

        "Mom, what's wrong? Are you okay? Did something happen to Tom?"

        "Just get home soon honey."

        "Okay, I'll be there soon."

        I ended the call and directed my attention back to Vincent who was putting tubes of wrapping paper in our cart.

        "Who was that?" He asked.

        "My mom. I need to go, I think there's a family emergency."

        "Is everyone okay?"

        "I don't know." I shrugged.

        "Okay, call me and let me know how things went, I'll get two bags of those ribbons and I'll pay for this, just hurry up and get home."

        I nodded and kissed him on the cheek. "I'll see you later."

        He smiled and kissed me on the lips. In that moment I actually forgot that my mom called me. The only thing that was running through my mind was Vincent's lips on mine and our bodies pressed together. I needed to pull away before I get carried away. I mustered up all the self-control I had and I pushed him away. "I need to get home."