The coffee Chronicles (@* 28)

Sorry it's not edited completely.

Rose POV

        "How did she take it?" I asked, shifting my cellphone from one ear to the other as I poured myself yet another cup of hot chocolate. I added a handful of marshmallows, a teaspoon of sugar, a dash of cinnamon, and topped it with some whipped cream and chocolate chips. Yum.

        "She cried." Ryan sighed. "She kept going on about never being able to have grandchildren... I kind of feel awful now."

        "Don't. She'll come around eventually. She just has to take some time getting used to this."

        "Yeah, I know. Last night, when she thought I was sleep, she came into my room and whispered that she still loved me."

        I smiled at the thought. Ryan's mother was one of the kindest people I know. Finding out that her son was gay didn't mean she didn't love him. "See, what did I tell you?"

        "Yeah, if only telling my dad would be this easy."

        "When you tell him, I'm sure he'll be okay with it. You're his only son. He can't hate you."

        Ryan snorted. "Yeah right! The other day, Glee was on and he went on and on about how they shouldn't let two guys kiss on TV because it was just sick. Imagine how he'll feel if he finds out his only son is gay."

        "Ryan," I sighed, trying to sympathize with him.

        "Enough about my crappy life tell me about yours. How are things with Vincent?"

        "I haven't spoken to him since I left his house. I just don't know what to say to him. Jessica is pregnant; how am I supposed to be okay with that?"

        "Do you love him?"

        "Ry, you know I do."

        "Then tell him that. Listen, you were pregnant once too. Put yourself in Jessica's shoes. It's not like she's trying to steal Vincent away from you. She just wants her baby's father to be a part of her life; something she probably never had. Until the little wench pulls another trick, keep her in your good graces. You know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

        "Thanks Ry. I don't know what I would do without you."

        "You would fall into a bottomless pit of doom, only to be forever taunted by the cruel world until the end of eternity."

        "I'm pretty sure eternity never ends."

        "I am Ryan Taemon, and I defy the laws of Physics. If I say it has an ending; it has an ending."

        My phone beeped signaling an incoming call. I looked at the screen only to see Vincent's name flash across it. "Ryan, I have to go. Vincent is on the other line. I guess now is as good a time as any to talk to him."

        "Go get em'!"

        I laughed and switched to the other line so I was on the phone with Vincent. "Hello." I answered monotonously.

        "You picked up." he stated breathlessly.

        "Just meet me at Starbucks in ten please."

        "I'll be there in five."

        I ended the call and grabbed my keys off the coffee table. Now look at this; such a waste. I went through all this trouble to make such delicious hot cocoa and I don't even have time to drink it. Vincent is definitely paying for our trip to Starbucks.