Swallow your pride (The big 20)

Jace POV

        It made me sick. Every part of them together made my insides churn. I know Vincent was supposed to be my best friend and all, but it's hard to look at him when I find him about to have sex with my girl.

        I never told Vincent about Rose and I, so I can't expect him to magically know. I have no right to be angry at him after I abandoned her, but I'm going to get her back. That's why I'm willing to go along with this stupid plan that Jessica devised.

        I have no clue if it will work or not, but I'm willing to give anything a shot. I'm sorry Vincent, but this isn't about friendship anymore. This is about love.

Rose POV

        After dinner everyone made their way to their own tasks. Vincent, Tyler and Jace were playing Xbox; Christie, Kendall, Jessica, and Danielle were giving each other makeovers. that left me and Kai alone. He'd decided to wash the dishes after dinner, and since we were all alone in the kitchen I saw it as a perfect opportunity to figure out what happened between him and Christie.

        "So, what happened?" I questioned, jumping on the kitchen counter.

        "What happened with what."

        "Kai don't play stupid with me. I'm talking about you and Christie."

        He sat down the plate he was washing and sighed.

Kai POV

*Flashback*

        "You know we've been friends for a while, and the last couple of years have been amazing. I think we've grown really close, but not in the way that I want us to." I said nervously.

        "What do you mean Kai?"

        "I mean, I know it sounds crazy, but I like you. I really, really like you. I always have, and I always will."

        Christie was quiet for a while. She didn't talk, or even breathe really. She just sat there with a blank expression on her face.

        I started to get real nervous and started scratching the back of my head like I always did when I got nervous.

        "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything."

        "Kai-"

        "What was I thinking? I know you don't feel that way about me."

        "Kai-"

        "How could you? Look at me. I'm not the cutest, or even that good looking."

        "KAI!" Christie shouted.

        I looked at her startled, and she just laughed. "Calm down. I never said I didn't like you did I? Though that doesn't mean that I like you either."

        The smile that had slowly started to appear on my face vanished instantly.

        "Honestly, I've never looked at you in that way before. Like you said, you're like a brother to me. My insanely attractive brother. I thought it'd be weird if I thought of you like that, so when I started developing feelings for you a couple years back, I pushed them away. Right now, I don't know how I feel. I'm not saying that I don't like you, but I'm not saying that I do either. I want some time. I need to collect my thoughts and everything before I can give you an honset response."