Chapter 31: Is It The End?

"The truth is not always beautiful, nor the truth." — Laozi,

Angel's POV

"Enough of the screen, Spencer. How about you help me make some dinner?" I told the 4-years old boy. 

He peered up at me under his lashes and blinked.

I smiled.

"We can start making dinner. And you..." pointing at him, still with a wide smile, cajoling, "will help auntie Angel. How is that? Then after we are done, you can go back to your show?" I continued with that patronizing voice, almost cooing.

His eyes lit up, but then he looked at the laptop screen before darting it back to me. I could tell he was debating, frowning as he shift his gaze back and forth to me and the screen.

"Please," I smiled wider.

He sighed. "Okay," he said feebly as he pulled himself up to his feet, and headed towards the kitchen. And I sense excitement on every footsteps, almost bouncy.

I folded the laptop shut, and then picked up Ivy, attempting to stand, holding onto the sofa, then toddled back and forth next to the sofa, an empty plastic plastic water bottle in hand while she babbles to herself.

"Alright, princess." I smiled, placing her onto my hips, and tapped her cute little nose lightly with the pad of my fingertip, smiling, "you are going to help too," I grinned, then kissed her cherub cheek.

I sauntered towards the kitchen, and didn't see Spencer. 

"Spencer honey!" I called, then his sweet little voice coming from the washroom down the hall echoed. 

"I'm peeing!" he responded, and relief washed over me.

I put Ivy down on the floor where I can see her, and gave her spoons to play, and small metal bowls and our smallest pot.

"Yayay!" she squealed, and grabbed one spoon and the pot, and started making sounds. Instantly, I regretted giving it to her, but then, I have no toys to entertain her while we make dinner.

Honestly, I can just order online and get it delivered to our home, but then, I need to get Spencer entertained too. So making dinner, perhaps pasta again, or pizza? 

But do I know how to make a dough?

Of course I do! 

I've done it before with the help of youtube, but then it didn't rise, and it was not crunchy how my husband and I like it.

He said it was good, but I know he was just appreciating my effort.

And then, I thought, they are just kids. And I need to get Spencer away from the screen.

Making dough is perfect. If it doesn't work out, Nona's Pizzeria is just one phone call away.

Spencer appeared later, and he frowned at her sister.

"Stop it, Ivy. It's so loud!" he snapped at his sister, and I intervened when he was about to grab the pot from her sister's tiny hand.

"It's okay, Spencer. Your sister needs something to do, while you and I are busy, too," I smiled at him, guiding him towards the island counter, and then pulled one stool, and picked him up and placed him on the stool.

"But it's annoying," he whined. 

I just smiled and redirect his attention.

"Be careful. Don't fall. I'll just get the ingredients out and we can start making dough. Do you like pizza?" I asked as I darted my gaze to his sister.