Chapter 22: Wicked Thoughts

Angel's POV

"I was thinking... since my leave is indefinite, and I'm not sure when I'm going back... perhaps, I should go home and spend my vacation there, Mom. The last time I came home was Dad's first unplanned visit to the hospital. And that was years ago," I groused, pulling myself up from perching on the edge of the bed. I glanced in the direction of our washroom.

Max is still inside, getting ready.

"Did you talk about it with your husband?" Mom asked.

And I forgot that my mother was the most understanding wife in the whole wide world. I can't remember anything that they fought about and Dad. Merely trivial things, such as mom's clothing choices. My father, even after they aged, was still possessive of Mom. So most of the time, they fought about things related to Dad's overly protective gestures and unreasonable jealousy, which led to hot sex, I presumed.

If those banging and grumbling sounds behind their door weren't enough proof, then I don't know.

"Now that you're married, to paidí mou (το παιδί μου), you can't make any decision alone. Unless trivial things like what's to eat for dinner. Your husband was right to keep you home for now. Regrets won't bring you back if you get harmed." My child. Mom softly chided.

I groaned aloud.

I rolled my eyes at the ceiling and drew a harsh breath.

"Mom, this is my life. Yes, we are married, but he can't do whatever he wants without consulting me!" I ground out. "I hate getting cooped up here, doing nothing. I'm going to lose my mind."

I paced across the room, and frustrations grew every second.

"Angelik, you were just starting to build your family. Give your husband some slack. I can see he cares and loves you so much. He didn't want that accident to happen again, as much as we do. And besides, you didn't go on your honeymoon. So it's perfect—"

"Mom, we don't need to have a honeymoon," I hissed, snapping at her unconsciously.

My face flushed thinking about that kiss we shared and Max a moment ago. His muscled arms wrapped around me while I was making our breakfast. I missed it so damn much.

I'm still stewing over his lack of respect for my right.

"Max reminded me of your father. But now, I realize he did it for all of us, for your safety. Sometimes, I may not understand his thinking, but I know he's doing it to keep us from harm. And I trusted him. A good relationship built with trust."

"Exactly!" I retorted."He didn't trust me. I could take care of myself. I did it for how many years!" I snapped.

"I know, honey. But it's different now. Zandros said after looking at the CCTV, the man who shoved you was wearing a hat that covered his whole face, and he deliberately shoved you," Mom stated, her tone soft but chiding.

"Dad was investigating too?" I asked in a confounded tone, stopping at the foot of the bed, and whirled when I heard the washroom door open.

"Do you think your father and your brothers will just wait?"

"Does my husband know about this?" I asked, glaring at my husband, ignoring the delicious sight of him.

A towel wrapped around his hips, barely covering his private part. There wasn't any extra fat anywhere from his chest to his legs, sculpted perfectly with muscles. Ripped.

His hair is wet, droplets of water on his bare shoulders, while drying his hair with another towel.

I gulped down that imaginary lump at the back of my throat. He smirked when he caught me gawking at him.