Chapter 24: Disappointment

"More marriages might survive if the partners realize that sometimes, the better comes after the worse." —Doug Larson

Max's POV

I called my trusted tech but couldn't reach him. I sent a text instead of an email in case someone got into my account or my system.

Then, I called Junior.

My eyes lingered on the message as I waited for Jun to pick up his phone, my mind spinning out of control.

I read the email, again... and again, trying to make sense of it.

You looked mighty good, Maxie.

I want to eat you whole.

Oh, and your wife is hot as fuck!

Remember that night?

That night with Margo was the best sex of my life.

Would you mind sharing your little wifey too?

I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as you have enjoyed it that night!

Enjoyed it that night? I murmured under my breath.

My mind shipped back to that night.

That voice... muffled, seemed like so far away.

I was sluggish. My head felt so heavy, as well as my eyelids. Everything was spinning at the back of my head. It felt like I was in a cyclone of events. Events that I couldn't wrap my head around, make head or tail of. Everything was like a dream... no, a nightmare.

Fuck!

I now remember someone was on top of me.

"Maxie..." purred a voice.

I couldn't decipher if it was a woman's or a man's voice. It sounded distant, but I felt the body on top of me. Not sure if it's feminine or a man.

Now that I thought of it, it wasn't just a creation of my dopey mind. I wasn't hallucinating. It happened.

Fuck!

It happened.

If I find you, I will make your life a living hell! I inwardly cursed with clenched teeth. Jaws clamped to the point of hurting.

My fingers dug into the small phone on my palm as I waited for Junior to connect the call.

Anger rose as I wrung out my head from the events of that night. My head started to pound, and I wrenched the phone away from my ear and canceled the call. I tapped furiously on the screen, venting all my frustrations at the small gadget.

Uttering a string of profanities, I brought the cell phone close to my ear and waited for the line to connect.

Instead, I felt the phone vibrate. It was Junior calling me back.

I connected his line, dropping my dad's.

"You called?" he asked before I could speak.

"Yes. Someone sent me an email," I explained.

And I carried on, reading the content of the message to him.

"Don't do anything. I'll head to your house now," he stated firmly, followed by the shuffling of fabrics in the background. Junior spoke to someone in the, causing me to roll my eyes.