✨Chapter Thirty-One✨

"We should have another baby." Ashton looked at Jenna.

Jenna put her fork down, blinked, and glared at Ashton. Aiden silently watched his two parents. Being in a high chair was lonely. He couldn't very well talk, yet. He was only nine months old. The most he could say was no, yes, mama, and dada.

"What? Aiden is almost ten months old! It's getting lonely without having to wake up to him crying every hour." Ashton shrugged.

Jenna scoffed. "You carry the next one in your uterus for nine months, push it out a hole the size of an apple, deal with the constant peeing, eating, and weight gain, and deal with the pain that comes with the labor!" Jenna screamed at Ashton. "Oh, and you can stay up all hours of the fucking night watching over the new baby." She slammed her hand on the table.

"All I said was-"

"The wrong thing." She pushed back her chair and walked away. "Come to our room when you start thinking like a normal person. Until then, go fuck yourself. I sure ain't gonna do it for you."

xxxx

"Mama! Dada!" Aiden started crying, just before Ashton closed their bedroom door. "Mama! Dada!"

"I've got it." Ashton walked to Aiden's room. "What's wrong, bud? Dada just left two seconds ago. What happened in those two seconds?"

Aiden pointed to his ears. He cried as he held them. Ashton knew he had an ear infection, Tobias used to do the same exact thing.

Sighing, Ashton picked up Aiden then walked to his bedroom. He opened the door to see Jenna cocooned in the big comforter and snoring lightly. Ashton chuckled softly and closed the door. Seeing a peaceful, quiet Jenna was always a good thing. He didn't want to destroy her peace, or quietness, so he went into the living room, Aiden on his hip.

"Mommy's a little crazy." Aiden giggled but then quickly covered his ears and started to whimper. "I know, bud. Ear infections suck. Cousin Toby used to get them a lot. He would cry and cry and cry. He drove Dada mad!" Aiden laid his head on Ashton's shoulder. "Dada's gonna tell you a story. It's about Cousin Toby. I think you're gonna love it."

"Dada. S-St-"

"Not until Mama gets up. She wants to hear you speak. But, anyway..."

xxxx

"Look out foo monser Ash!" Toby giggled at Ashton.

"Oh no! I big scary monster!" Goldie, Ashton's dog, came running over an knocked all the blocks down. "You destroyed out city, Evil Monster!"

"No! Name Hurkles! Like big guy from Disney!" Ashton laughed at Tobias' pronunciation of Hercules. "I like Hurkles! He nice." Tobias smiled.

"You won't destroy us, Hurkles!" Ashton yelled.

Tobias quickly covered his ears. "My ears hurt, Ash. They hurt real bad." Toby started crying.

"Was it my yelling? I can stop yelling." Toby shook his head. "Then why do they hurt, Toby?"

"I don't know. They hurt last day and last night. I don't know why. They just hurt me!"

"Let's play a game called Superhero Toby. You have to save people from all different types of situations. You're the superhero. The people are only drawn people." Ashton smiled at Toby.

"Okay!"

xxxx

"Toby saved ten different people that day. He forgot all about his ear aches. I hope Dada gets to play Superhero with his little guy."

Aiden was asleep. He was adorable and the sight made Ashton smile. His little guy. He wasn't little anymore. He was growing so fast. He was growing so fast that Ashton was scared he would blink and Aiden would be at the church getting married. Ashton decide to shake the thoughts from his head.

"I love you."

Ashton nearly jumped at Jenna's voice. He thought she was asleep. He thought wrong.

"I was stupid to tell at you last week for that whole having another baby thing. I do want another baby. I just don't want one right now. Maybe when Aiden is like three. Maybe even older. I just don't want two babies. I'm still a teenager myself, technically. It's like a baby with two babies. That's just-"

Ashton got off the chair, Aiden in his arms, and cut Jenna's ramble short with a kiss. Jenna smiled into the kiss and pulled away.

"I get it. I was being stupid." Ashton smiled.

"No. I want smother kid. Just not anytime soon." She looked at Aiden. "Ear infections are never fun to deal with. Put him back in his crib. We're gonna have a Mommy and Daddy night." Jenna winked and walked up the stairs and to their room.

Ashton smiled and shook his head. "You're mother is going to be the death of me." He paused and looked up to their bedroom door that was shut. "And that's just fine by me."

xxxx

Jenna had the flu. It was the worst thing ever. She believes being pregnant is better than the flu. She had to run to the toilet every ten minutes. She had the worst luck in the history of ever.

"Jenna?" Ashton poked his head in the door. "Are you sure it's the flu? Do you have a fever or anything?" Jenna shook her head. "Nausea, vomiting, yes. Oh, any headaches or sore throat?" Jenna shook her head. "I don't think it's the flu, Jenna."

Jenna looked at Ashton quizzically. Ashton sighed and walked in the room, he placed the laptop on the night stand and crawled into bed with Jenna. Aiden was at Gloria and Luke's, they were officially together.

"What if, and this is a huge what if," Ashton took a deep breath. "What if you're pregnant?"

Jenna would know if she was pregnant. It felt different with Aiden. She barely threw up and she never had any other symptoms, really. It was really convenient. Plus, Ashton wore a-

"Did it break?" She thought about it. Every time a woman was pregnant, it was different, wasn't it?

"Not that I know of. I even did the drip test afterwards." He sighed. "We've only had sex that one time, since Aiden's 'appearance into your uterus'."

Jenna laughed at Ashton. He was right. They couldn't risk the possibility. She had high doubts that she was. Maybe she just had food poisoning.

"Food poisoning!" Ashton looked at Jenna. "We ate at that new taco place last night!" She smiled. It quickly faded. "Never rule out a possibility. Go to the store."

xxxx

"All four say negative." Jenna put on a small smile.

Ashton did the same. "That's good. It kinda makes me disappointed. Like, there's always that little piece of you that hoped it said positive."

Jenna knew quite well. She wouldn't have minded if it had said positive. Aiden was almost a year old. Next week, to be exact.

"Oh my God!" Jenna gasped at the realization. "Aiden's first birthday is next week!"

-A/N: I am so tired. I had to get an update in before Monday. My aunt goes into surgery tomorrow, which is Monday, I have my French regents the same day, then I have to visit my aunt in the hospital because she wants me too, that's on Tuesday, I'm going to be living with my grandma until my aunt comes out of the hospital, which could take up to a week, because my grandma is gonna be alone and she gets sad and has bad paranoia/anxiety. So, again, you might have to wait a long while for an update.

I'M SO SORRY! I WILL TRY! I PROMISE! Just, it might take a little while. I'll make it extra special. I mean, AIDEN TURNS ONE! I feel like he was only born five chapters ago...wait, he was. Haha.

Anyway, here is a shitty, drama filled-I think-filler chapter! I am running out of ideas so I kinda sped up a little to his first birthday. Oops?

Please leave a happy comment? I am kinda stressed and stuff and, yeah. :/ Don't feel obligated too!

Love y'all!

xx-Tessa