✨Chapter Twenty-Nine✨

Gloria had fallen asleep at three in the morning. Luke had stayed over and realized she was really tired, forcing her to go to bed. He brought Aiden for a walk at five. The air was refreshing and calming. The sun was barely shinning, it was a little chilly, and dew covered the ground.

He sat on the park bench and looked at Aiden. He was looking at Luke with wide eyes and his hand in his mouth. As soon as he saw Luke, he started smiling.

"Hey, little man. What are you doing?" He picked him up. Aiden kicked and laughed. "Oh, calm down. Are you happy? You kept Auntie Gloria up all night, dude." Aiden just laughed. "Not funny, little guy. Poor Auntie Gloria is gonna bitch to Uncle Lukey. It gets annoy-"

Luke was cut off by his phone ringing. He checked the caller ID. Gloria's name showed up. He ignored it, thinking she just wanted nothing. He left a note saying he had Aiden. His phone rang again, Gloria. Luke sighed and answered.

"You know I have-"

"A-Ash a-and J-Jenna. H-H-Hosp-Hospital. Drunk d-dr-iver." Gloria hiccuped and sobbed on the other end.

Luke quickly put Aiden in his stroller and kept the phone to his ear.

"When did this happen?!" He was speed walking to her apartment. He was only ten minutes away. "Who the fuck hit them?!"

No answer. It was silent. Minus the sound of Gloria crying and muttering, "Fool your head and go back to bed," over and over and over again.

She and Luke both wished it was a bad dream. A horrible dream, actually. Nothing bad could happen. No, it could. It just always seemed impossible for it to happen to two people so young and in love.

xxxx

Jenna awoke to a bright light in her eyes. She tried to sit up but groaned in pain. She heard the beeping of monitors go off. She felt numb. She had the taste of blood in her mouth and it made her sick. The smell of chemicals overwhelmed her as she looked around the room.

It had two beds. A TV was placed up in a corner of the room, near the big wooden door. The beeping came from all of the monitors and IVs hooked to her. She noticed the lack of colour in the room: all a plain, dull white. The air was dry and it made Jenna's throat burn and she dry coughed.

She knew where she was: the hospital. She didn't think she would be back here for a long time. It scared her. And the fact that she didn't know where Ashton was.

"Ashton!" She tried to get up but groaned and saw her left leg in a cast. "Ashton! Where are you?!" She panicked and a nurse came in. "Where the hell is Ashton?!"

"In surgery, honey. Calm down, everything is going to be fine." She smiled at Jenna. It was sick. Smiling when someone was worried and paranoid. Who the hell does this woman think she is!?

"I want to see my husband! Where the fuck is my husband?!" Jenna was yelling and kicking.

"Calm down. I'm going to have to call authorities, ma'am!" The nurse held Jenna's arms down. "Help!"

About eight nurses and three doctors came running in, having to restrain Jenna. She was screaming and crying and kicking. She just wanted to see Ashton. That's all she wanted, they were the ones making it worse! What, with their smiles and holding her down?!

"Why can't I see my damn husband?!"

xxxx

Three weeks. Jenna went three weeks without being able to see Ashton. Gloria, Luke, and Aiden came by to see her. Seeing little Aiden reminded her why she had to be calm. He reminded her why she could hold on a little longer.

Jenna had thought she only had a broken leg. Turns out, she had a mild concussion, three fractured ribs, and a gash the size of a pencil on her upper right arm. That was why she had felt so much pain as she tried to move.

She had given up hope of seeing Ashton until they were both released. Well, until she met Kayla. She was the only red headed person in the whole hospital. She was funny and absolutely loved Jenna. She felt bad for Jenna, she had actually lost her husband in an accident such as theirs. She knew it must be killing Jenna slowly inside, not knowing if her husband was okay.

"I'm taking you to Ashton's floor. Tonight." Those were the first words out of Kayla's mouth when she saw Jenna. "You need it."

xxxx

Jenna shook as Kayla helped her into the wheelchair. She would lose her job if anyone found out, but it was worth it. It was for true love, so to speak. It was the right thing. It felt more right than saving a patient's life.

Kayla was the only one on duty on Jenna's floor. Ashton's floor was a little different. There were nurses and doctors scattered randomly along the floor. It would've been hard to get Jenna through unnoticed. Thankfully, Kayla knew Stephanie, Ashton's intensive care nurse. Dr. Moore was on the floor that night, as they were a few doctors short. She got in Ashton's room in, almost, a blink of an eye.

When she saw Ashton, he was awake. He looked as though he hasn't slept the whole time. Jenna knew he had, though. He had three surgeries in the time he had been in the hospital. He would have to have more until he left.

His hair was disheveled, his eyes looked sunken in, there were bags and dark circles under, his mouth was set in a permanent frown, and he was pale. Jenna hated to say it, even think it, but he looked like a drug addict. He looked as though he had been doing drugs for the past ten years. He didn't look as though he had been in the hospital for three weeks.

Kayla stayed out of the room, Stephanie stood watch, and Dr. Moore pretended to be busy at the desk. Jenna stayed in her wheel chair and just looked at Ashton.

"Aiden has grown bigger."

Ashton's head snapped to the side. When he saw Jenna, he began to cry. She was actually in front of him. He wasn't dreaming, this time. She was there. She was really there.

"He's almost three months old." Jenna wheeled herself to Ashton's bedside. "I miss home. I miss you. I love you."

"I love you." Ashton's voice sounded rough and crackly. He hadn't spoken to anyone in over three weeks, it was going to sound bad. "I miss Aiden. I miss home."

Both let out tears as Jenna laid her head on Ashton's bed and Ashton held her hand in his. This was the most tearful reunion Jenna had ever been to. She was sure it wasn't going to be her last, either.

-A/N: Awwwwww! :'( Poor Jenna! Poor Ashton! :'( To be honest, I feel so bad for Jenna and Ashton. Poor Aiden is stuck with Luke and Gloria...That's like having two of me for parents...Basically...I should have that changed.

Anyway, I'm gonna be really sick, apparently, for the next month, tomorrow is my last day of school, I have stupid regents, and my brother thinks a meme that says "you're so gay, it could be raining titties and you'd still get hit in the face with a dick," is embarrassing and offensive.

I should really have a reality show... Would you watch it? No? Okay! Honestly, I wouldn't either. I'd be like, WHY IS THAT LITTLE PIECE OF HAIR ON MY SHIRT!? Or, I'M NOT THE FUCKING MUCH OF A FUCKING BITCH ASS SWEARER!

Anyway, vote and comment!

Love y'all!

xx-Tessa