Twenty Eight

Chapter 28:
A life with you

Throughout the project, I kept my distance to her. It was hard but I needed to keep my head straight at the game. Everything's done between us and we're both married.

But it fucking sucks to see that both Will and Rob are good friends. They keep hanging out with each other. Lagi ko na nga siya nakikita sa work, makikita ko pa siya sa mga family events.

I don't know why Sales and Andrada have good partnerships when Sales are not even that wealthy enough to be with par to Andrada's.

Nandito ngayon sa bahay ang mga kaibigan ni Will kasama ang mga asawa nila. And yes, Kristine is here too. I stayed by his side for an hour to show my respect hanggang sa nagpaalam akong tataas sa mini studio ko dito sa bahay.

My mind is a mess right now thinking about Kristine. Kumuha ako ng wine para inumin habang nagpipinta. The only way to clear my mind was to paint.

"Are you done with your friends?" tanong ko kay Will ng magbukas ang pinto saka ito sinara. Hindi siya sumagot kaya humarap ako ng makita ko si Kristine.

Tangina. Umiiwas na nga ako eh!

"I hope you don't mind if I look around..." mahinang sabi niya. Hinayaan ko na lang siyang tumingin tingin at bumalik ako sa pagpipinta.

"Kamusta ka na? Hindi kita makausap usap sa work kasi lagi kitang hindi nadadatnan." she said opening up a casual conversation at me.

"You know me, Kristine. Casual convos are not my forte so if you wanna say something, just say it." saka ko binaba ang paintbrush para makainom.

Makakadami ata ako ngayon ng inom.

"I know... I'm just—" curious? "Are you happy with your decision?" I asked her directly which made her stop from walking around.

"Contented." maikling sagot niya. Tumango na lang ako at uminom ulit. "You should go now. Baka hinanahap ka ni Rob." I was about to start painting again when I heard her footsteps coming at me.

Bago ko pa masimulan nabitawan ko na iyon sa kaba. Being near her is dangerous for me. And it's scary how her effect on me is still the same. Inaabangan ko ang paglapit niya para makaiwas ako pero tumigil ito bigla.

"It's fine. Rob knows about us." sabi niya na ikinagulat ko. Is she fucking playing with me? "Why?" mukhang hindi niya ata inaasahan yung tanong kong iyon.

I mean why would she tell about us to her husband? When she's afraid to come out to anyone. Isn't that weird? Oo nga naman, arrange marriage lang sila.

"I tried to clean my hands before getting married at him and he accepted me that's why he knew everything about me... and us." sabi niya na ikinatawa ko.

Gulat naman siyang nakatingin sa akin. "What? Is he a priest as you confess all your sins before he'd get married at you? That's so fucked up!" damn, the wine must be spiking up right now.

"Do you even like him?" napatigil ako sa diretsong tanong niyang iyon. The way she stated her question only means she already knows the answer. She just want a confirmation from me.

"What the fuck are you doing right now?" hindi ko maiwasang magalit. After breaking up with me she has the guts to throw away those questions at me? Anong gusto niyang patunayan? Na masaya siya sa asawa niya at miserable ang buhay ko?

"I don't know how or what happened. Was it an arranged or what but I'm just concerned about you. Everyone knew that Andrada's are known for being inclusive and notorious. Nandito kami ni Rob kung kailangan mo ng tulong." seryosong sabi niya sa akin.