Seventeen

Chapter 17:
Enjoying the ride

It was so unusual to see Isla being serious with her work. She's busy planning their project for the upcoming cheering, volleyball and basketball final tournament between High School division.

Kasali ako sa meeting nila ngayon dito sa SC conference room or mini office nila kasi ginawa ba naman akong personal secretary niya. Nakakahiya sakanya ha!

"So it'll be different schools from each sport then?" tanong ni Isla. "Yes, we got the cheering competition here though." sabi naman ni Jasmine. So basically the cheering competition will start the game. Mauuna sila, kinabukan ang basketball at last kaming volleyball.

Atleast Ali and I can watch each other's game.

And after a long boring 30 minutes, they finally dismissed the meeting. "After the sports game, what's next?" I asked with curiousity. "Valentines week, graduation ball and graduation." ohhh, that's a lot. Mabuti na lang pala hindi ako nanalo.

"And your plan after graduation?" dagdag kong tanong ng patayin niya ang laptop niya. "It depends on the result of our mission. If it's a success, I might stay here for college but if we failed, I will go back home." I slowly nodded.

Her words at the end made me realize that our friendship is just temporary and it'll end as soon as we graduate.

Why did I felt a bit sad there?

Am I having separation anxiety with her? Well, this is life. People come and go.

"It's crazy how everything's going fast right now and in two months, we'll finally end our high school life." I can't help but get a little bit emotional. I'm gonna miss everything.

"Did you enjoyed it?" napatingin ako sa tanong niya. "I... had a great time and to be honest I hate to admit most specially to people like you." she raised her eyebrows at me. "People like me??!"

"Yes, people like you who seem to have all the fun in life. I hate to admit that I feel like I'm missing something big. I mean I was stuck with high school juggling a lot of responsibilities." seryosong sabi ko.

"Ano bang gusto mong gawin?" napaisip ako. Ano nga ba?

"I... wanna have fun too. I had fun studying and playing sports but I want the different kind of fun... To experience the rebel side of being a teenager. I wanna let go and myself." tahimik lang naman siyang nakikinig.

"Just like you said before drowning myself with alcohol, dancing like crazy, getting high and laughing at everything, breaking things, getting suspension, making mistakes, falling in love, and having sex... just having fun." medyo nahihiyang sabi ko.

I know my definition of fun is opposite from the things I've said but I wanna experience everything. I don't just wanna sit down there and watch people my age do or experience everything.

"Well maybe two months is not enough for you to experience everything but why don't you make your two months the most of it starting right now." she said while grinning.

"What do you mean?" naguhuluhang tanong ko. "We can't use our car right now unless we have a slip to exit through the gate so we'll have to climb over the wall at the back." sabi niya sa akin at bago pa ako makasagot hinila na niya ako.

"Hindi tayo papasok?" my eyes widened when I realized what we were doing. Kaya ko naman mag absent pero yung tatakas ka mula sa loob ng campus niyo? That's a whole lot different.

"Use your hoodie para walang makakikala sa atin pag mahuli man tayo." she said while trying to cover me and zipping my whole jacket.

Mahuli??!