Twenty Six

Chapter 26:
The harsh truth

I thought I was drained enough to sleep everything on it but I can't. My body is tired but my mind is wide awake.

My phone kept ringing but I don't have energy to interact with anyone.

Aaliyah: Nasaan ka na?

Aaliyah: I'm still here waiting for you.

Aaliyah: Are you okay? I'm worried about you. Please reply. :(((

Isla: Are you okay?

Isla: Where are you? I wanna talk to you right now.

Aaliyah: Please... I wanna talk to you.

Aaliyah: I know you're tired. Magpahinga ka na. I hope to see you tomorrow.

And there's a lot of messages from the two of them. Inis kong tinapon ang phonen ko.

Lumabas ako ng kwarto kung saan nakita ko si Papa na umiinom sa labas. It feels surreal to have him by my side to the point where I don't know how to act around him. It's awkward at parang ang bilis ng pangyayari.

"Come, sit here." pag aya niya sa akin nung mapansin niya ang presensya ko. "Do you drink?" he asked and poured a drink into the empty cup.

Pinanood ko lang iyon pero hindi pinansin. I'm not close enough to drink with him and I don't really like the taste of alcohol unless the purpose is to have fun.

I don't think this is fun though.

"You should go and visit your Lolo tomorrow. I know he'd be glad to see you. Hindi ka dumadalo tuwing okasyon ng pamilya eh." ngiting sabi niya sa akin.

It feels weird how he suddenly acts full 360 degree with me. What's with the sudden change?

I can still remember how he looked at me before. His eyes were full of disgust as if I was not her own blood. Hindi niya ako kayang tignan o hawakan.

"I wanna talk to my Mom." I said that it made him quiet for a whole minute. "I'll give you the chance to talk to her but you need to hear my side too." saka siya uminom.

"Your Mom was a known artist before to all the elite families here in this country. She was the best painter who was poor. Nakilala ko siya noon sa mga gallery events. Doon nagsimula ang paghahabol ko sakanya hanggang bumigay siya." I know my Mom was chairman of her Kulay Foundation that was built by my Lolo Andres Andrada Senior.

"Your Lolo didn't like her for me because of her family background but she was able to change his mind through her arts. She became a well known respected artist in whole Asia due to my connections and wealth. Everything was perfect and our marriage was full of happiness... Well it was, for me." he said remember those days.

So he really loved her sincerely? I always thought he was forced to marry her that's why he keeps on cheating with different girls.

"Until she came back— Kristine. And funny how she named you after her that just shows how much she disrespected me." so it was real. Akala namin noon ni Ali aksidenteng magkalapit ang mga pangalan naming apat.

Kristine to Kirsten and Celestine to Celeste. And maybe that was the reason why he calls me Niana.

"They were college lovers back then but Kristine broke up with her and got married to a man. Nabalitaan niya iyon kaya siya um-oong magpakasal sa akin. She used me for her desires and obsession to Kristine because both of Andrada and Sales are close business partners." I still can't believe it that they used to be lovers.