One

Chapter 1
Long Love

I've always wondered to myself, what is love? No— how can you love someone for years?

And years more to come! I thought my feelings for you were shallow since we were too young to be serious but as years passed by my heart seemed to dig a hole just for you making my love stronger and deeper.

That sucks! Big time.

It would be such a bliss but no, it suffocates me to death. We're not in love. It's a one way feelings. I am the only one in love with you.

I stopped walking when you suddenly looked back at me with a big smile plastered on your face as you lift up your hands up na parang inaamo akong hawakan iyon. Nakatitig lang ako don kasi alam kong pinapanood niya ang itsura ko.

This is cheating. A foul play. How am I the only one feeling this to both of us?

"Kirsten, we can just hangout if you don't like. Tayong dalawa lang. Hindi mo kailangang pilitin ang sarili mo—" I felt my heart drop when she took my hands.

Goodness gracious, until when will I stop making shitty things big deal?

"Oh yeah? and your bitchy friend would laugh at my ass again!" hindi ko maiwasang mainis ng maalala ko yung nangyari.

They were laughing at me for being too uptight. Except my best friend. Too good girl who doesn't have a life. I know we're all teens trying to explore the rebel world but is it wrong that partying, sex, alcohol and drugs doesn't excite me?

Was that bad?

Am I not normal for just wanting to study, sleep and go to school on time with complete attendance?

"You don't need to force yourself with my friends, you know that. Well, if you don't like them. We can stop hanging out with them." pinisil niya ang kamay ko habang nakangiti ulit sa akin.

Hindi naman pwede yung ganon.

I just don't understand how did she became friends with them. Well, I can't blame her, she's the popular "it girl" in our school while I indulge myself with my studies and sports.

Lagi ko nga namang naiiwan mag isa ang bestfriend ko.

Kahit magbest friend kami magmula bata, iba parin ang group of friends namin sa school. Her squad is the cheering popular beautiful girls while I'm with my volleyball team.

I'm not really jealous about her having new friends when all these things started because I knew from the start we're both different.

Magkaiba kami ng gusto.

And I'm happy seeing her let go of herself, hindi niya nagagawa sa akin yon kasi nga ang gusto ko lang gawin mag aral at pumasok.

It's actually magic how we both clicked so well or maybe our friendship was just forced since both of our mothers are bestfriends too. I'm not sure. We just became friends instantly, we've become inseparable since then.

"You don't need to do that. They're your friends. And I kinda wanna refresh myself tonight since midterms are gone. I can finally breathe." as I gave her a long relief sigh when she raised her eyebrows at me giving me a killer smirk.

Gosh! She's such a chick!

Rache gave me his biggest grin as soon as she saw me. Yup, she's that loser who called me boring and challenged me to come with them. "I'm surprised! you really came, bitch!" and pulled me to her arms.

I don't really understand how they call each other bitch or babe. I know not bitch as in whores or any negative thing you say to a woman but they just call that way each other as fun.