Eighteen

Chapter 18:
Enough

"Ah! Ayoko na!" biglang pagwala ni Isla saka tinapon ang walis na hawak niya at medyo kumalat ang mga dahon na winawalis niya kanina.

"Sino ba kasi may kasalanan?" tumingin siya sa akin ng masama. "Kasalanan? Kasalanan pala ha!" at winalis walis ba naman papunta sa akin yung mga dahon. Isabay mo pa na mahangin nagsisiliparan na tuloy sila.

At dahil ayoko din magpatalo ginaya ko siya. "Ang daya! Papunta sa akin yung hangin eh." reklamo niya hanggang sa naghabol habulan kami at nagtatapunan ng mga dahon sa isa't isa.

"Wait! WAIT.. HOO!" hingal niyang sigaw. "You can't beat an athlete." I said with a smile and I was about to throw some leaves when she caught my hands pulling me to her.

"Time! Time! Let me breathe. Don't do anything yet. Not yet. Give this not so sporty girl some chance." pagod niyang sabi habang yakap yakap ako para hindi ako makawala.

Oh, no. Dear, I'm not that kind after you posted my ugly photos and you dare to tag me?

I grab that chance to quickly cling onto her neck and wrap my legs around her waist. Since she's tired I was trying to exhaust her more by putting all my weight on her. Agad kaming napaupo sa floor while laughing.

Success!!

"Aw! Ouch. Yung pwet ko. Why would you do that?" reklamo niya pero hawak naman niya ako para hindi ako mahulog sakanya. "Isla, such a weak woman! Uso din mag exercise ha?" mapangasar ko sakanya at napailing lang siya habang nakangiti.

"Ohhh! I might sign up into a wrestling academy. Wait for it! I'd surely KO you." mayabang niyang sabi napatayo naman ako agad ng makitang paparating si Dean.

Shit. This is not the first encounter we planned with Isla.

"Miss Andrada, you can use the remaining time to practice for your upcoming volleyball competition." walang emosyon niyang sinabi at napatingin kay Isla.

"Miss Jones, I want you in my office now." at tuluyan na siyang umalis. "Dang! We're saved from cleaning this hellish dirty place." natutuwang sabi niya at sumunod sa Mama niya.

What a way to get in trouble huh, Isla?

We're on our supportive mode at the front row benches of our gym. Rinig na rinig ko ang hiyawan ng bawat estudyante na nandito. Isla's not with me because she's with her SC team busy monitoring the whole event.

Some cheering squads of the different schools are at the back stage waiting for their time to perform. Nakausap ko kanina si Ali bago pumasok at pagkatapos naayusan.

She seemed prepared and ready so I wasn't worried about her. I just hope they will win again.

"What do you think of Isla?" biglang tanong sa akin ni Sam na nakatingin kay Isla kasama ng mga teachers, judges, VIP guests and board of the school. She's like a part of politics trying to cater to everyone.

Another serious side of her. Bagay niya sa politics o kaya being head of a successful company surrounded by a lot of businessmen. She seems to have a lot of potential stored in her. Minus points na lang siguro yung pagiging maloko niya.

"She's a great person." I said complementing Isla. Wala akong masabi sakanya. She's goofy but she's also serious when it comes to her duties and responsibilities. To be honest, she's my definition of almost perfect.

A type of a girl you'd want to be.

A role model and inspiration to other girls.

"Yun lang?" napatingin ako sa tanong niya. Ano pa bang gusto niyang marinig. "She's beautiful, smart, rich, half filo-half white and sexy. She's a lot to handle sometimes but uhh... bearable. I mean, she's got all. She has everything you'd be attractive for with a girl." she said praising everything about her and I get it.