𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐣𝐚𝐲

_______________________

𝐐uinn watched anxiously as the multiple hovercrafts took off towards the mountains, initiating the avalanches

𝐐uinn watched anxiously as the multiple hovercrafts took off towards the mountains, initiating the avalanches. Her mind was a jungle. Her thoughts were all over the place. Scattered, like the papers of a writer working on their current piece. So many questions continued to spiral through her head. 'What if it all goes wrong?'. 'What I get seriously injured again'. 'What if Finnick never forgives me for leaving him'.

𝐄ven if by some miracle this did happen to go as planned and she made it back home, how was she going to face Finnick? Especially after the news she had just recently found out. The news that she had completely forgotten about because she had refused to even think about it. The news she had been hiding ever since she came on this mission. 'What would she say to him?' 'Where will I go when this is all over?'. 'When will this all be over?'. 'Will I—' She was so focused on her thoughts she hadn't even heard the explosion. It was only when everyone began to cheer and applaud that she finally broke free from her mind.

𝐒he stood from her seat and made her way over to where everyone was watching the explosion. Her vision went blurry and her mind fuzzy from standing up too quickly, but it cleared just in time to witness the fresh smoke rising from the flames that coated the peaks of the mountains. If she had allowed herself to, she might've cheered as well. But this was neither the place nor time for it. And she wondered how anyone else could cheer as well.

𝐃ay quickly turned into night, and the rebels weren't wasting a second of their time. Within moments everyone had moved into position and were marching. Quinn, who somehow managed to get stuck into the back section, was currently working on catching up to the front where Katniss was, stepping on peoples toes and unapologetically shoving her way past them. "Katniss!" She called repeatedly until the younger girl heard and turned to face her.

"𝐖ait up!" She shouted while panting. "Quinn! There you are" Katniss smiled invitingly, placing her arm around the woman's shoulder to help her catch up. "I was wondering when you'd pop out" Haymitch commented. "Yeah, well somehow I got kicked to the back of the line" Quinn complained while rolling her eyes. "How dare they!" He faked a gasp. "My sentiments exactly!" She agreed jokingly before returning her attention to the Mockingjay.

"𝐃on't worry, Katniss, there'll be survivors" Boggs reassured. "Let's focus on what it is you gotta say" Haymitch spoke up, walking ahead of Quinn to get to Katniss' side—much to Quinn's annoyance that she had once again been booted to the back like a child. She thought about saying a snarky comment but ultimately decided not to given the situation. "Now, Plutarch wrote a speech for you.." Haymitch began. "—Im not saying that" Katniss immediately interrupted. "OK. Didn't think so, let's uhh.." He replied nervously, tossing the cue card over his shoulder, and whipping his head around to glare at Quinn upon hearing her giggle.