𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐧𝐞 | 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

________________________________________________

"𝐈 hate her!" Quinn's voice echoed loudly through the hall as Finnick gave her a worried look

"𝐈 hate her!" Quinn's voice echoed loudly through the hall as Finnick gave her a worried look. "Keep your voice down!" He ridiculed. "Who does she think is to tell ME what to do?!" Shouted Quinn while furiously waving her hands around. "'Oh but I'm doing it for your safety' She says!". "What does she care about my safety anyways?!" Quinn continued. "I knew this would happen" Finnick sighed.

"𝐖hat?". "I told you you would hate her" He replied as they turned a corner and into Finnick's room. She continued to complain as he guided her to his bed, where she sat with a shoulders hunched and a salty look on her face. "Maybe she's right" Finnick suggested with a sort of calmness in his voice. "So you're siding with her now?!" She questioned angrily turning to face him while he immediately realised his mistake. "No! I'm not siding with anyone—I'm just suggesting that maybe she has a point!" He defended.

𝐐uinn scoffed loudly. "If her point is to be the biggest bitch in the world then certainly!" Quinn mocked with a fake tone. "You need to be careful Quinn. You can't go around saying stuff like this" Said Finnick, worry evident his voice. It was true. She seldom thought of the consequences of the things she did and it was sure to bite her in the ass one day. Still she rolled her eyes at him. "Hey! I'm serious." He slapped her arm lightly, receiving an annoyed look from her. "Me too!".

"𝐒omethings off about her Finn. I don't trust her" She frowned. "Oh come on, you don't trust anyone!" Said Finnick. "I trust you" She said half-heartedly. He looked back at her, gaze softened. "I trusted you". She corrected quietly while standing up from the bed. "Are we seriously going to talk about this again?" He sighed. "Quinn, I've told you a million times, it was an accident!" He said while following her into the hall. "Was it?" She replied under her breath. "What's that supposed to mean?" He frowned.

"𝐘ou tell me!" She thought but didn't say. "Forget it. This isn't worth arguing about again" She scoffed while speeding ahead of him. "Promise me you won't do anything stupid" He said, catching her wrist as she walked past him. "You know I can't do that" She returned and unsuccessfully attempted to snatch her wrist away. "Quinn, the moment we stop being of use to them, we're dead!" His expression turned hard and serious. Quinn turned away from him, refusing to meet his eye.

"𝐀nd I know you don't care about whether you live or die but I do!" He shouted. "I spent weeks worrying non stop about whether or not Snow had killed you already! Weeks wondering if I was ever going to see you again!" He continued. This time when Quinn turned to face him again up she was confused and didn't know what to feel. "You know, before your brother died, He made me promise him that if he didn't make it, I would look out for you!". "And that's what you're doing? Looking out for me?" Quinn scoffed.

𝐇earing him use her dead brother against her felt like a slap in the face. It felt odd to hear someone talk about him. It had been a long time since she last thought of her dear big brother. "Yes!" He countered. "Finnick I'm not going to let her contr—". "I just got you back!" He yelled loud enough to make her jump slightly. Quinn went silent. Thoughts and emotions spiralled through her body.

𝐓his was time she was hearing about this. The first time Finnick actually expressed his concern for her while she was in the Capitol. Was she supposed to feel sympathetic? Because she didn't feel that at all. Perhaps she should've felt grateful for his concern. But she didn't. She didn't feel anything. Nothing but a pure hatred for that grey headed woman. Finnick rarely yelled, especially at her. But God she could be stubborn sometimes. It was infuriating how easily she brushed things off.

"𝐐uinn—" He tried and failed. "—Don't" She said immediately. "Don't say anything". "Firstly. I know you are trying to look out for me but I am really uninterested" She scowled. "Second. Don't you ever try and use my dead brother against me knowing full well it was you that killed him, Okay? Ever" Quinn shoved a strong finger against his chest. "And lastly, thank you so much for telling me just how much MY trauma has affected you!" She shouted before pushing him away and walking off leaving Finnick feeling stunned and not knowing what to say.

𝐖hat a slap in the face it was to hear those words come from her mouth. Especially when he couldn't help but think about how true they were. Even if most were spoken out of anger, they still stung like hell. Quinn was furious. With Coin, with Finnick, with everyone. Why was everyone so interested in telling her what they think she should do? She was a grown adult was she not? She was strong enough to handle her own problems wasn't she?

𝐀pparently not according to literally everyone. As she angrily winded through the halls that lead her back to her room, the first thing she did was kick off her boots and slump onto her bed. It was less comfortable than the one in her medical room but it would do. As she laid there letting out of very long and loud sigh, she thought about what a 'wonderful' she was currently having.

𝐔ntil she heard the sliding door to her room open and someone enter. Assuming it was Finnick she immediately rolled her eyes. "I don't wan't to talk to you Fi—" But as she slowly sat up it she was surprised to see Katniss standing in front of her with and bottle of gin and two glasses in her hands and a confused look on her face. "Oh—" Quinn started. "Sorrry I thought you were—". "—Finnick?" The girl finished for her. "Yeah.." Quinn replied with a nod. The Victor form 5 eyed the items in her hands suspiciously.

"𝐀 peace offering" Katniss spoke as if she could read the woman's mind. "Hm, very well then" Quinn quickly jumped to her feet, snatching the drinks from Katniss's hands and sitting herself down at her small table near her bed. "Are you sure you're even allowed to drink this?" She raised a brow in question. "I'm the Mockingjay, they're not going to deny me a bottle of alcohol after everything I've been doing for them" She scoffed as Quinn gave her an approving nod. "Valid answer" She agreed, pouring the both of them generous amounts of liquid.

𝐐uinn took a long swig from her glass before returning her attention to the younger girl in front of her. "Tell me then Mockingjay, what can I do for you?" She questioned. Katniss sat her glass down on the table before speaking again. "There's a thing in two—" Katniss began but was soon cut off. "—i'm in!" Quinn clapped her hands together before the girl was even able to finish the sentence. "Hold on—!" Katniss tried again. "—When is it?" Quinn quickly began questioning her.

"—𝐢f you're not ready yet, then I don't want to push you!" The girl finally managed without being interrupted. Quinn slammed her now empty cup down on the table, rising from her seat. "Do not fret, young Victor for I am in perfect condition for fighting!" She smiled contagiously. "Now" She clicked her fingers. "Details. When, where and what". "The jet leave in three hours" The girl answered as Quinn joyfully clapped her hands together. "Perfect then I'll see you in three hours!" She laughed, while quite unapologetically kicking Katniss out of her room, allowing herself time to get ready.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄:
𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬!
𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬
𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡:/
𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐄𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞!

|𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭|