𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 | 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐲𝐬

____________________________

𝐓ime moved painstakingly slow

𝐓ime moved painstakingly slow. Everyone was tending to their wounds and whatnot. Quinn took her time trying to pop her ankle back into place deciding she wouldn't make it long if she was injured and slowing everyone down. It was rather therapeutic if you asked her. The sound of splashing water and the one occasional bird harmonising with the wind. The breeze flowing through the trees making them sway and dance playfully. Relaxation wasn't exactly a word used to describe her daily agenda so the girl cherished every second she got of it.

𝐓he sound of the leaves rustling was music to her ears and the feeling of being safe was something she hadn't felt in a very long time. Snow had made sure of that. Every chance he got. Walking in the streets the peacemakers would watch her closely, eyeing her up and down as she walked past. Simply leaving her house became difficult. When you win the Hunger Games you never have to worry about anything ever again. Wrong. You'll never have to play in the games again! Also wrong.

𝐒now had broken every promise he made to each one of the Victors the second he announced they would have to be reaped again. But it wasn't like anyone could do or say anything about it. When you called him out against something he'd either kill you or every single person you've ever loved. It was his world and he could do as he pleased whenever he wanted. The whole reason for the Hunger Games is to remind the districts of the Capitols power and lack of forgiveness or remorse. To keep the citizens in line and provide entertainment for the Capitol.

𝐓he girl walked back and forth building back her strength until she felt a warm arm wrap around her waist and pull her close. She didn't have to look to know who it was. Finnick. She looked at him in confusion then looked around and noticed it. Mutts. She watched as the murderous creatures eyed them with hunger as if they were it's next meal. Katniss calmly called Peeta back keeping her voice as steady as possible. The boy slowly retreated back the group. Quinn carefully pulled her bow towards her making sure not to send them into a panic.

𝐒he looked around meeting the hundreds of yellow eyes staring at her with caution. Growing angrier by the second the beasts growled and roared at the 4. The boy from 12 of course sent them into a frenzy and they all sprung into attack mode. Katniss and Quinn stood back to back shooting the oncoming mutations one after the other. Finnick stood in front of the girl protecting her from the ones coming at there feet while she shot the ones jumping in from above. Quinn though being at a disadvantage was still able to perfectly kill each mutt feeling as their thick hot blood splashed onto her face.

𝐖ith one clean swing she cut the throat of monkey in front of her. She had known this feeling all too well. The unending pool of blood streaming down your head and blocking your vision. The taste of it splattering in your mouth. She was
finally back in the Hunger Games. It hadn't felt proper before, the cornucopia, the fog blah blah blah. But now she finally felt it. Her heart beat with adrenaline as she went on a killing spree. She was unleashing the beast she had locked away after her first games.

𝐁ut now, everything was different. She didn't like the feeling before, but now she lived for every second of it. Her motivation you may ask? Simple. Every mutt she killed was for every life taken from her. Every stab for every stab wound her mother had suffered at the hands of the capitol. Every decapitated mutt indicating her father being shot in the head by peacemakers. Every slit throat symbolising the unfortunate murder of her aunt and older cousin. And each and every kill for the innocent lives she had taken the first time around.

𝐓he girl was channeling all her built up anger over the years and imagining Snow being the one she was killing over and over and over again. Snow had cursed her to a life of fear. It was true. She had spent so long living in fear she had forgotten to simply live. She had refused to ever get close to anyone for their sake. Her kill count was already far to high for a child and adding to the list wasn't an option she had given herself. Except for now. She wasn't scared anymore. Honestly, she stopped being afraid the moment she stepped foot in the Capitol.

𝐓o her this was dinner, and quite frankly she was starving for the thrills she hadn't experienced in so long. Seven years spent wavering in darkness. Well not anymore. Now she was on display for the whole world to see and she would most certainly make it worth their while. Finnick had been keeping the girl at arms distance so they wouldn't be separated. The Ripper turned to see Katniss in desperate need of help and escaped the boys protection. She swiftly shoved her blade through the mutt while Peeta pulled Katniss to her feet. However this action had consequences for the second she took to breathe she felt a sharp pair of teeth dig into her thigh. Finnick yelled as the girl fell to the ground and the mutt continued eating at her left and right.

𝐇er body screamed in agony as her lungs started giving up on her. Trying her best to fight of the creature leaving bites all over her. Finally she felt the mutation give up and two strong arms lift her up. Finnick carried her as Katniss and Peeta defended the others off and they all ran to the beach. As the boy from 4 laid her down on they beach she squirmed in pain. She tried her best to fight screaming. She could practically hear Snow laughing from his seat and she wasn't gonna give him the satisfaction of watching her die.

𝐓he 3 huddled around her trying their best efforts to stop the bleeding. Finnick looking worried and distressed holding her close. In that moment Quinn watched as all her problems slowly drifted further and further away from her. As black spots slowly started filling in the corners of her peripheral vision and she drowned in a strange sense of Euphoria. In that moment she could've sworn she saw her life slowly slip away. She didn't want to go, it was too soon. Finnick listened as her breathing became uneven and slowed down.

"𝐃on't you give up on us Quinn!" Peeta threatened looking genuinely worried for the girl he considered a friend. "I'm not" Quinn replied as a slight smile washed over her face. Love is a strange thing. It can make the weakest person strong, and the strongest person weak. The most scared person Brave and the bravest man scared. And yet nothing can truly describe the feeling of love. Finnick Odair had been a victim to this illness the moment he laid eyes on the brave brunette. The moment he saw her on his victory tour hiding throughout the crowd was the day he stopped looking at other women and only looked to her.

𝐓he both intelligent and cunning girl who had been the only one who didn't fall head over heels for him. He always loved a challenge and she was the perfect choice. He had known her before that but had only gone as far as to call her a friend. Unfortunately he had lost all his chances of winning her over when he killed her brother in his hunger games. He truly had no defence. He panicked and got rid of the problem before it even became one. From that moment on he had made an enemy of the girl he had fallen hopelessly in love with and there was no going back.

𝐓he whirling of a small white parachute interrupted everyone's thoughts as they all rushed over to grab it. Inside, a small round tin containing some sort of ointment, a roll of fabric and a note. "What it is?!" Finnick asked anxiously. "Ointment, quick you hold her down and cover her mouth!" Katniss hurried. "What why?!" Finnick questioned. "Just do it!" Katniss shouted impatiently as Finnick obliged. Katniss rubbed the ointment onto her wounds, wrapping the fabric around them after. Quinn's muffled screams were heard sounding almost inaudible.

𝐒o many mixed emotions. Katniss trying her best to hide her emotions and not cause any more stress. Finnick being distraught and apologetic as if it would ease the pain they were causing her. And Peeta holding onto whatever Hope was left. Finally Quinn succumbed to her agony and let out a god awful scream that erupted the arena and pierced the ears of those around her. Her eyes watered and tears blurred her vision. Turning on her side she looked up and met Finnick's nervous eyes staring at her with both anxiety and pure love.

|𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐲𝐬|