𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞, & 𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧

__________________________________________

𝐒now of course had kept his word, for he wasn't exactly known to break promises

𝐒now of course had kept his word, for he wasn't exactly known to break promises. Actually scratch that. He returned only a mere few hours later for answer—to which Quinn did not give one. But he already knew that. In fact it was his plan to begin with. Knowing Quinn's nature it was obvious she wouldn't give up any information. This was his way of being able to torture her more. With her stubbornness and pride she wouldn't let him break through her non-existent wall. A barrier, she had mentally placed between the two of them, stopping him from obtaining the much needed information she withheld.

𝐈t was only day one of this who knows how long 'torture experiment' (as she had named it). She was growing weak—incredibly weak. Becoming more and more fragile with every minute that flew by. Quinn laid on that mattress, unable to move a single muscle in her body. She had the chains to thank for that. That didn't mean whatever juices he was stealing from her body wasn't affecting her. Once again the cell doors opened and thus walked in the president along with who she assumed to be the same peacekeepers who had entered with him before.

𝐀 strange sense of deja vu came over her as he sat at the foot of her bed exactly as he had done last time. Except he had a new white rose sitting in the front pocket of his jacket. "We meet again Ms Marshal" He smiled nonchalantly. "Although, you do look quite ill this time around, I see the affects of my methods seem to be kicking in rather quickly" He stared at her with that same unreadable look on his face. "Perhaps if you cooperate we can get this done much quicker and I will not be forced to be harsher with you" He smiled.

"𝐃o you have an answer for me?" He questioned. No response. "Please don't make this any harder than it has to be Quinn. I'll get the answer out of you eventually, why not right now?" He tilted his head to the side. "Oh because it is so much more thrilling this way!" She jerked her head up as far as it would go with the restraints on. "Don't waste your breath Mr President we both know how this will end" She rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Yes indeed, with you and your friends and every rebel dead" He responded almost immediately.

𝐒till no answer came from the girl. "If it makes you feel any better then perhaps I may consider pardoning you and your boyfriend" He asked to which made the girl raise a brow. "The Odair boy? You two are quite smitten with each other are you not?" He asked again noticing her confusion. Her expression soon turned cold as an odd sense of melancholy washed over the room, absorbing her with it. "He's not my boyfriend" She replied defensively. "Are you sure about that? I mean by the looks of how things went in the arena it sure looked like he was. To the Capitol atleast" He added as she looked at him with a mix of shock and confusion.

𝐃id the Capitol really think that? Who cares. Whatever they had before it had all been washed down the drain. Her face dropped as memories flooded her brain, and not particularly good ones. "Ah yes, sweet betrayal. Remind me, who was it who threw that trident?" He snickered noticing her sadness. "No, it wasn't his fault he didn't know it was me!" Quinn defended to which he chuckled some more much louder than before. "Who do you think ordered him to do that?" He smiled. "No. No you're lying, everything you say is a lie!" Quinn shook her head in denial not believing a word that fell from his mouth.

"𝐈t is true. The plan was for him to get close to you then kill you, obviously things went a little haywire afterwards but you know" He explained. She wanted to punch herself for actually believing him in way. Although she didn't want to, she had to consider it to be a possibility. She furiously blinked away the tears forming in the very corners of her eyes. "Don't be so naive Ms Marshal, surely you did not actually believe he genuinely cared for you?" He chuckled, although she did not find it one bit as funny as he did. That was the problem. She did think he cared.

"𝐃on't worry child I will fix you, in time. For now, all you must do is answer my question!" He grinned widely at her. Quinn glared at him. What she truly wanted to do was tell him to go and eat shit but she decided to simply not give him a reaction at all. She chose silence in the end and softened her gaze at him. She allowed herself to let out a steady breath as he stared at her still awaiting an answer. Realising that he wasn't going to get one he let out an audible gruff before getting up to leave. "Hm, that's too bad, and to think we could've been friends". He spoke quietly. "I'll see you soon Ms Marshal" He finished as he once again exited the cell with his two minions following behind.

"𝐊eep a double lock on this one's door, we don't want her getting out" The president ordered as the two peacekeepers that were once behind him disappeared to go after their tasks and more appeared. "Sir what are we to do with her for now?" One questioned. "Nothing. Leave her be. We must break her down and rebuild her. It'll take time but soon enough we will turn her into the ripper she once was" He replied, and with that walked off to God knows where.

***

𝐎ver in District 13, Finnick was a mess. He was miserable, he had been for days. Without Quinn by his side to make him laugh or use him as a human punching bag or whatnot he felt useless. In need of something more. As if something was missing. Because something was, Quinn. He burned for her to be with him. An everlasting fire inside of him that never went out and grew larger and larger with every day that passed. A flame that burned constantly with her by his side. And now that she was gone, the flame grew weak. It needed its gasoline, except there was none to give.

"𝐅innick" Katniss spoke from the door of his hospital room. He had been tying knots as some sort of therapeutic method or something. When shifted his head to her direction while wiping away his tears. "It's all my fault, I'm so sorry Katniss. I went back for them, I did. But I-uh" He sniffled as Katniss made his way over to his side.

"𝐈-I thought she was Brutus.. and I—" He didn't have the strength to finish his sentence. Instead he stared shamefully at the ground refusing to meet what he assumed to be a hateful glare coming from the girl on fire. In all honesty Katniss was truly furious with Finnick. But, she could tell just by looking at him that he needed comforting much more than her. For it was a decision that he would hate himself for the rest of his life for, not her. "They're uh—they're in the Capitol. Probably being tortured as we speak" He spoke again.

"𝐈 wish she was dead. I wish they were all dead and we were, too" Katniss didn't know what to say. She didn't know how to comfort him so all she did was wrap an arm around his shoulder. Katniss too wanted to break down and cry and wish for everyone to be dead. But she had a rebellion to lead. There was no quitting now, no going back. She quite literally had the weight of the entire world on her back, and she wouldn't allow herself to let it even so much as slip one inch. These people were counting on her, she had given them hope. And everyone knows that hope is all it takes for people to rebel.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄:
𝐇𝐢 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬! 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞. 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐚𝐡𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝟑-𝟒 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 (𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞).
𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠/𝐝𝐚𝐲/𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝:)

|𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞, & 𝐑𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧|