17 - For a smoke -

I walked into Miles' party with Breana and we looked around. Matt had gone to find drinks for us so when we entered he went and got some. I smelt a very strong smell of alcohol and stared around. There was a dance floor, couples dancing on them. As I looked towards the dance floor I could see Alex dancing with Abigail, I suppose they had sorted their arguments out then? Breana then linked arms with me and walked over to where Matt was with the drinks. I thanked him and took a sip of my first alcoholic drink of the night. First of many anyway, I thought.

"Lola! Come on, Let's dance! I've been waiting since we came here to dance!" Breana shouted over to me, making me turn my head to face her. I nodded and we headed for the dance floor which had quieted down from when we first came here. Whilst walking over there I didn't recognise anybody, I didn't know anyone other than the band and their girlfriends. I hadn't properly met the host, Miles. I was still waiting on meeting him, considering I was at his house party.

Breana gripped onto my arm, gently and guided me to the middle of the dance floor and started to dance. Her hair waving everywhere, she was definitely having fun.

"Come on! You're not dancing!" Breana frowned, flipping her hair to the other side of her face to push it out of her way. "Should've put it up." She smiled, referring to her hair.

I started to dance with her, giggling and probably making a fool of myself. But who actually cares? Just dance as if nobody watching.

I had to make sure not to spill my drink, considering I was holding it while dancing. But knowing I was quite clumsy sometimes, I accidentally spilled my drink over someone. "Fuck, I'm sorry. Here let me clean it u-"

I looked up to see who it was and was met with Alex, staring down at me. He smiled and shook his head. "No no, It's fine don't worry, love." He replied cutting me off from finishing my
apology, making me feel relieved as I thought he would get mad. "I'll just go and borrow one of Miles' shirts. No worries."

"I'm still sorry, honestly. I didn't realise It would've spilled." I said, looking down at the floor, fiddling with the hem of the dress I was wearing.

"I told you, it's fine, Lo." He reassured me. He started to walk off upstairs to Miles' room to grab another shirt. I followed him still apologising.

We walked into Miles' room and he strolled over to the wardrobe, picking out another shirt. The silence felt awkward.

Alex was first to break the silence. "I should probably go find Abigail, make sure she's not causing any riots." He laughed and started to walk out with the fresh shirt on. I followed him back out.

We walked back down the stairs to see crowds, dancing. "I see you were having a good time dancing, before that accident occurred." He turned his head, looking back at me.

Although I wasn't listening, for a good reason. I was staring right ahead. "Alex.." I said not taking my eyes off of the person. "Don't get angry, but you might wanna see this." His head snapped back forward staring at the same thing as me.

"What the fuck?" He shook his head, looking back at me. I could see a tear forming in his eye. "Is she fucking joking?" Alex said, storming off from me.

"Alex! I said don't be angry!" I shouted, running after him.

The thing was, Alex loved Abigail and after this, I don't think he did anymore. What I was staring at was Abigail kissing somebody else. Right in front of our eyes.

I caught up to him and firmly gripped his arm, which made his head turn straight at me. "What are you doing? I said don't be angry, now look at you." I said, keeping that firm grip onto his arm.