Part 14 - Heart of the Truest Believer

Pan laid Wendy on a mattress that was right at the edge of camp. Y/n's jealousy arose as she watched Pan tuck her sleeping body in. Her closed eyes made Y/n smirk, thinking about Wendy's dead body limp on the ground they stand on.

She knew they had to take Wendy back out of the cage to continue with this façade, to trick Henry into giving up his heart. But it still hade her jealous seeing Pan being so kind, so gentle to someone that's not her.

"How is she?" Henry asked, pulling Y/n out of her deadly thoughts.

"I fear she's getting worse, Henry."

"But, if I save magic, she'll live?"

"Yes, but more than that, Henry. If you save magic, you'll save us all. But to do it, you have to truly believe."

Wendy's cough sounded through the air as Henry took a moment to think. The fire crackling from the torches that are lighting up the camp filling the silence in the air.

"I do," Henry responded, looking at Pan and Y/n.

"Good, because we don't have much time. Follow me."

Pan grabbed Y/n's hand, leading both her and Henry towards the middle of the camp. Pan gained all the lost boys' attention, like a spotlight was now on the three of them.

"My brothers! Tonight, the dream of Neverland will awaken from its slumber. Tonight, the heart of the truest believer shall fulfill its destiny and with it, our destiny. Tonight, Henry saves magic!"

The lost boys howled and cheered, excited and happy that their home wouldn't be lost to the dead after all.

Y/n smiles, knowing that with Henry thinking he's saving magic, he'll save Pan, and with it, her and Pan can be together.

As nightfall descended upon Neverland, Pan, Henry, and Y/n ventured towards Skull Rock. Leaving the lost boys in the hands of Felix, Y/n can't help but worry they still might be in trouble.

As Pan rowed Henry and Y/n to Skull Rock, he could sense the distress emitting from his lost girl. He whispers a 'hey,' catching her attention, her eyes sparkling under the stars. He gave her a smile, signaling that everything is gonna be alright.

In no-time, they made it to the entrance, carefully getting out of the boat. Pan tied the boat to a metal ring that was attached to a rock, keeping the boat there for when they need it.

"Ah, it's been a long time since I've stepped foot on this shore," Pan said, standing back up. He looked around til he found a stick, drawing a line in front of them and the entrance.

"What's that?" Henry asked as a 'whoosh' was heard.

"It's a protection spell," Pan responded, dropping the stick, turning towards the two standing behind him. "Now let's go. It's time."

Pan led the two up the stairs into the gold-lit skull, memories of their sparring appearing in Y/n's mind, a bright smile appearing on her face.

"This is it," Pan said as they entered the room with the giant hourglass. "The place where you're going to save magic."

"Why does it have to be here?" Henry asked, a little hesitance in his voice.

"Well, because this is the location from which Neverland's magic emanates," Pan responded as the three walked onto the small ledge in the middle of the room, standing right in front of the hourglass.

"What's the hourglass for?" Henry inquired.

"It marks how much time we have left before Neverland's magic runs out."