Part 4 - Lost in Melodies

As she played one of her favorite Christmas songs, Carol of the bells, she started swaying her body to the music, smiling softly to herself. Her fingers glided along the keys softly, angelically. The lost boys were in a trance of sorts, completely mesmerized by the music emitting from the keyboard.

Unknown to the lady standing in front of the keyboard, Pan stared at Y/n in absolute awe. He could feel his heart melt, the aura around Y/n giving him butterflies. The way she was just in her own world, enjoying the music she was playing, how calm she looked, how she pressed every key delicately, like they were made out of glass. It was the most beautiful sight he's ever seen.

When Felix noticed the slight blush on Pans' cheeks and the way he was looking at Y/n, he didn't know what to think. Was his leader going soft? Or would this be a good thing for Pan? So many thoughts were going through his head, it was hard for him to think when there was beautiful music playing. He decided to worry about his thoughts later and continue to listen to the music.

As Y/n glided her fingers along the last notes of the song, her fingers lingered there for a second before she gently lifted them off the keys. A soft breath left her mouth as she looked up at everyone and smiled. They were all silent for a second, looking at her with stars in their eyes, before cheering and clapping loudly, whistles could be heard too.

Y/n's smile was so bright, it lit up a Christmas tree. She finally felt at home, like she belonged, something she hasn't felt in a really long time. Who knew all she needed was to play one song to feel at home. As the cheers died down, one of the lost boys spoke up.

"Can you play another song?"

"Um," she looked at Pan, as if she needed his approval. He nodded with a big smile on his face, earning one from Y/n. "Sure, why not."

She thought for a second, before she thought of the right song she wanted to do next. She softly laid her fingers on the first few keys, gently pressing down, before continuing with the next set of keys. As the beginning of the chorus came, she opened her mouth and began to sing, surprising everyone there.

Santa, tell me if you're really there
Don't make me fall in love again
If he won't be here next year
Santa, tell me if he really cares
'Cause I can't give it all away
If he won't be here next year
Feeling Christmas all around
And I'm trying to play it cool
But it's hard to focus when I see him walkin' 'cross the room
"Let it Snow" is blasting out
But I won't get in the mood
I'm avoiding every mistletoe until I know
It's true love that he thinks of
So next Christmas
I'm not all alone, boy
Santa, tell me if you're really there
Don't make me fall in love again
If he won't be here next year
Santa, tell me if he really cares
'Cause I can't give it all away
If he won't be here next year
I've been down this road before
Fell in love on Christmas night
But on New Year's Day, I woke up and he wasn't by my side
Now I need someone to hold
Be my fire in the cold
But it's hard to tell if this is just a fling
Or if it's true love that he thinks of
So next Christmas
I'm not all alone, babe
Santa, tell me if you're really there
Don't make me fall in love again
If he won't be here next year
Santa, tell me if he really cares
'Cause I can't give it all away
If he won't be here next year
Oh, I wanna have him beside me like oh-oh-oh
On the 25th by that fire place, oh-oh-oh
But I don't want a new broken heart
This year I've got to be smart
Ooh, baby
(Santa, tell me, Santa, tell me)
If he will be, if he will be here (Santa, tell me, Santa, tell me)
Oh-oh-oh
Santa, tell me if you're really there (Santa, tell me, 'cause I really care)
Don't make me fall in love again
If he won't be here next year
Santa, tell me if he really cares (tell me, tell me, boy)
'Cause I can't give it all away
If he won't be here next year
Santa, tell me if you're really there (tell me, tell me, baby)
Don't make me fall in love again
If he won't be here next year (if he won't be, if he won't be here)
Santa, tell me if he really cares (tell me, do you care?)
'Cause I can't give it all away
If he won't be here next year~

She dragged the last note on the piano and in her voice, before completely releasing the key. She took a deep breath in and let it out, looking up and locking eyes with Pan. She noticed quite the blush on his face and smiled softly.

She barley noticed how all the lost boys started cheering once again. She walked around the keyboard and stepped in front of it, taking a bow.

"Thank you, thank you very much," she smiled and laughed.

Her smile brightened as she heard a few things the lost boys were telling each other. She overheard a few compliments, some saying she should play another song. Before she had the chance to think of another song she wanted to play, Pan was already by her side.

"That was beautiful," he complimented softly, only Felix noticing how close the two were, the other lost boys too busy conversing to notice.

"Thank you," she blushed.

"You should play again some time," he suggested.

"You think?" She asked.

"Of course! You were amazing, darling!"

She let out a laugh, Pans' heart skipping a beat. She walked over to the log and sat right back next to Felix.

"Well, thank you. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated. Maybe I will play again sometime," she smiled, her attention went over to Henry as she noticed him walking up to them.

"Where did you learn to play like that?" Henry asked.

"I used to play a lot when I was younger. I still play every once in awhile though, to make sure I still got it," she winked and smiled.

"It's getting late," Felix stated, gaining their attention. "We should probably head to bed."

"Felix is right," Pan stated before turning to Y/n, sensing what she was about to ask. "You'll stay with me."

Y/n nodded and smiled, her and Felix getting up from their place on the log at the same time. Pan yelled at the lost boys saying it was time to head to bed, which of course, they obliged.

Everyone made their own way to their huts, Pan leading Y/n to his. He held the door open for Y/n, gesturing for her to head inside. She smile and nodded her head as to say 'thank you.'

She walked in, taking in the scene once again, standing in the middle of the room. It wasn't til now that she realized there was only one bed. She turned to Pan as he closed the door behind him.

"There's only one bed."

"I can take the floor," he suggested.

"No, it's your hut, your island, I can't let you do that."

"Then, how about we both take the bed?" He smirked.

"Alright, but no funny business," she pointed at him with a smile and laughed softly.

He raised his hands up beside his head in defeat, "I wouldn't dream of it."