Part 6 - The Prophecy

Soon, it became dark and the lost boys were still dancing. Y/n, on the other hand, sat next to Pan, exhausted. All that dancing really wore her out. She was happy though, the happiest she's ever been. She got to let loose, have fun, dance around, it was exhilarating.

As of now, she was reading a book that Pan conjured her. She told him all about how much she loves to read, whether it was a murder mystery or dark romance. He asked her what her favorite book was and gave it to her. She told him about her all time favorite series in the murder mystery genre: A Good Girls Guide to Murder.

He definitely enjoyed that title. Y/n made him promise to read that series together whenever they get the chance. She earned a chuckle from Pan and agreed to the promise without hesitation.

As the lost girl read the third book of the series - As Good As Dead - a dust rolled in, causing all the lost boys to collapse on the ground, including Henry. Y/n dropped her book and fell into Pan's lap, startling him. He placed his hand on her cheek, stroking it softly.

"Y/n?" He said aloud, trying to wake her up but it was no use, she was fast asleep just like everyone else. He picked her up and placed her on the log they sat on, gently. "We have a guest!" He smirked. "No doubt someone who knows how much I like guessing games. Who could it be? I guess..." He moved his hand up from his side, lighting a few torches to illuminate the place. "The Dark One." Rumple didn't say anything so Pan continued. "Came to save Henry, have you, laddie? How exciting. The Dark One ready to sacrifice his life for his family. Speaking of family..." Pan raised his hand, flicking his wrist softly, lighting a torch that was behind The Dark One. "You can come on out now, Baelfire."

Baelfire came rushing out of he bushes, crossbow in one hand as the other pushed away the leaves and bushes. Once he was fully out, he instantly pointed the crossbow at Pan.

"Name's Neal now."

"A new name but the same old tricks. It's heartwarming to see father and son working together. Especially after you abandoned him, Rumple. This is a real family reunion."

"What are you waiting for?" Rumple asked Neal lowly, not taking his eyes off Pan.

"I got this."

As soon as those words left his mouth, he shot the arrow straight at Pans' chest. Pan caught it with ease before it had the chance to puncture his body. Heavy breaths left his mouth as he smirked, a chuckle leaving his mouth.

"Clever. But we've been through this before, Baelfire. Have you remembered nothing?"

"I remember plenty." Bae stated plainly as he lowered the crossbow. Pan threw the arrow on the ground he Bae continued. "That's why I didn't coat the tip."

Suddenly, Pan looked confused at his hand, a bright blue hue with white streaks in it covering it completely before covering the rest of his body, leaving him vulnerable and stuck in that position.

"Grab Henry!" Rumple said to his son as they both ran towards Henry.

"Well, how bout that?" Pan spoke, following their movements, the only thing that wasn't frozen in place was his head. "I'm impressed. Are you sure you're really saving him, bae?"

"What could be worse than leaving him here with you?"

"Why don't you ask your father?" Neal looked from Pan to The Dark One, confused as Pan continued. "Sometimes the people we should fear the most are the ones closest to us."

"What is he talking about?" Neal asked his father.

"Don't listen to him."

"You mean you haven't told him?" Pan scoffed.