𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 12

Alta's point of view

¤ Friday, September 28 ¤

"I still can't believe Harry Potter lied about being Alta Dumbledore's soulmate."

My head snapped to the side to see Katie Bell whispering rather loudly to Parvati Patil. I kept a straight face, not wanting them to see I was getting annoyed by the school's talk about me.

"Don't tell me you believe that ?" Parvati scoffed. "I bet she only said she's Riddle's for attention and to ruin Harry's reputation."

Rage boiled in my blood and I took a step forward but was stopped by Pansy holding my wrist and dragging me away from the two girls. I cursed under my breath and closed my eyes as I took a deep breath to calm down after I felt my fingertips tingle. My best friend shot me a worried glance before entering the nearest bathroom. She shooed the second years who were there and closed the door behind them. She turned to face me, worry all over her features.

"You okay, darling ?"

I exhaled a shaky breath before opening my eyes as the tingling in my fingers disappeared.

"I'm fine." I answered sternly, then I sighed and rubbed my temples. "I'm just tired of this shit. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Harry has finally been exposed but I hate being the subject of all the talks the other students do."

She didn't say a word but pulled me into her arms, hugging me tight and stroking my hair tenderly. Like Enzo always did to soothe me whenever I was sad or upset. I sighed and melted into her embrace, wrapping my arms around her petite waist as tight as I could.

Two weeks. It had been two weeks since Mattheo had beaten the living shit out of Harry and exposed the fact he and I were soulmates. Every Slytherin student present that night had spread the word and now, all Hogwarts knew I wasn't Harry Potter's soulmate but Mattheo Riddle's.

Snape had suspended Mattheo for violence and he still hadn't come back. Luckily, he hadn't brought him to Albus. Merlin knows what he would have done to him if he had. After all, Mattheo had hurt his precious golden boy.

Also, the fact that everyone was talking about it ever since wasn't helping at all. Some people were like Patil, they thought I was lying to ruin Harry. Others had accepted the fact he had lied and that I was in fact, Mattheo's soulmates. Those ones felt sorry for not helping me when they knew Harry was mistreating me.

I knew Albus was enraged. The ones who had chosen our side were wondering why the great Albus Dumbledore hadn't helped his only daughter. Luckily for me, that meant he couldn't come to me to discuss it. He knew he would only raise suspicions on him more if he did. Especially since my friends had started to spread a few words on his abuses towards me. To keep an illusion of innocence, it was wiser for him to stay away from me.