𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

ꕥ TW ꕥ

ꕥ TW ꕥ

Omniscient point of view

¤ August 30 ¤

The curly-haired boy sat at his bedroom's window, took a cigarette out of his pocket and brought it to his lips, lighting it with his wand. Inhaling the intoxicating smoke and enjoying the feeling in his lungs, he exhaled the smoke with a sigh of relief. His chocolate brown eyes darted to the garden of Riddle manor, admiring the beautiful flowers lovingly planted by his mother.

People called her crazy but he knew it to be lies. She wasn't the woman newspapers described. She was drawn to the dark arts, yes, but she was perfectly sane. She was also a loving and caring mother, always doing everything to make her children happy. Although no one knew about that for the simple reason that no one knew about their existence.

Mattheo understood why he and his sister had been kept hidden all their lives. They would have been hunted down by the Order of the Phoenix if the wizarding world had known from the very beginning about their births. After all, they were the children of the powerful Dark Lord, Tom Marvolo Riddle and his most trusted follower and wife, Bellatrix Lestrange. His twin sister and he had been homeschooled, only leaving the grounds of Riddle manor to fulfill tasks for their Father, hidden behind golden masks.

However, their half brother had been granted the opportunity to attend Hogwarts since he was 11 as he wasn't Tom Riddle's son. Lorenzo had sworn to keep the secret on his mother's identity, as well as his siblings. Mattheo had been jealous at first. He was so young and he couldn't understand why he had to stay hidden when his older brother could escape their manor. It's only when their Father himself explained to him every reason as to why it would be too dangerous to let them follow Lorenzo that he understood.

But then, the fear of losing his relationship with his brother hit him. Lorenzo had promised nothing would change between them and he had kept his promise, being careful to write to his siblings every week and always coming back home during holidays. Mattheo and his sister Delphini had learnt to know Hogwarts through their older brother's stories, nourishing their dream to one day finally be allowed to attend the school too.

And finally, after 7 years of waiting, they had been given permission to enter the prestigious school. They were leaving for Hogwarts this very day, finally revealing their existence to the wizarding world.

A popping sound resonated into his bedroom, causing him to tear his gaze away from the garden to look at the house elf, Nanky.

"Master Mattheo, master Riddle requires your presence in his office right this instant."