𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 2

ꕥ TW ꕥ

ꕥ TW ꕥ

Alta's point of view

¤ August 31 ¤

My eyes fluttered open as I slowly realized I was under the sheets of a bed but I froze when I felt strong arms wrapped around my waist. My mind whirled to remember the events that had unfolded last night, bile rising in my throat to the painful memory of Harry putting me under the imperius curse. But then, it struck me. I was safe in my dorm, in Mattheo Riddle's arms.

I couldn't remember falling asleep or even him putting us in bed, but I did remember that Enzo had stayed as well. I turned my head to the other bed in the room, apparently now Delphini's, only to see the blonde girl and my best friend still asleep. A small smile tugged at my lips at the sight of them, Enzo sprawled on the bed, head slightly tilted back and lips open with drool on his chin, and Delphini, curled in a ball in the little space left of the bed, a frown on her features.

A quiet chuckle escaped my lips, amused by my best friend who had the habit of stealing every bit of space in a bed every time he had to share one. He did the same when we would sleep together and I would always end up pushing him off in the morning.

I sighed softly and snuggled closer to the boy next to me, appreciating the body heat he was radiating. It was wrong to be this close to him and to like his proximity this much, but I couldn't help myself. Something in the curly-haired boy was drawing me to him and I didn't seem to be able to hold back.

I felt Mattheo stirs in his sleep and I lifted my head to see him slowly opening his eyes. He frowned at the sight of the dorm and girly stuff, still sleepy before landing his gaze on me, this time completely awakened.

"Are you alright, sweetie ?"

His deep morning raspy voice sent shivers down my spine and I felt my cheeks redden. I nodded shyly, heart fluttering at the sound of the concern in his tone. I had never felt this way for a boy before, not even for Harry. Perhaps because Harry had never given two shits about me or my well being...

His chocolate brown eyes darkened and he slowly took a hand off my lower back, bringing it to my face. I usually flinched when people tried to touch me there, but strangely, I didn't. My eyes never left his as he carefully put his hand on my left cheek, fingertips lightly caressing my skin, darkened orbs following his own movements. He was so gentle and yet, I still felt the way my cheek was hurting. I frowned, confused, but then it dawned on me. Harry had slapped me before leaving. I probably had a mark due to the force he used.

"I did not notice this last night." He mumbled.

He finally tore his eyes away from my cheek and instead looked intently in mine. I gulped, knowing I couldn't tell him what had happened. Hell, I couldn't even tell Enzo either and he already knew Harry was violent sometimes. But I could never tell him what he had forced me to do under the imperius curse. Especially since it wasn't the first time it happened.