𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 5

Alta's point of view

I groaned softly as I opened my eyes and immediately got struck by a pounding headache. How many drinks did I have last night ? My memory was a blur as I tried hard to remember what had happened.

But I suddenly froze when I felt two arms tightening around me and pulling me closer to a very naked body. I swallowed nervously, lowering my gaze, only to widen my eyes when I noticed I was also naked. The arms holding me were fucking muscular and I felt my heart beating in anticipation as I started to look up to see who it was.

However, I froze again as my eyes landed on the left bicep of the mystery boy.

On his tattoo.

A rose.

Like the one I had under my left boob.

My soul mark.

Panic started to take over me, my mind whirling crazily to assimilate what I was seeing. I finally snapped my eyes up to the boy's face and my jaw dropped. It was Mattheo Fucking Riddle.

Memories of last night started to flash in my mind and I felt myself blushing goddamn hard. Holy shit ! What did I do ? How the fuck was I supposed to look at him in the eye ever again after... That !

Thankfully, he was still sleeping peacefully, his lips slightly parted as little snores escaped his throat. Fuck. I didn't know if he had seen my soul mark considering how drunk we were, but I had to leave this bed before he actually saw it when he was now fully sober.

Very slowly, I freed myself from his arms and I practically ran into the bathroom of my dorm, then I quietly closed and locked the door. I leaned my forehead on the wood and cursed myself mentally. I couldn't let anyone know about this, especially about us behind soulmates. Albus would force me to use Mattheo for his sick plans and Harry would beat me to death for having a Riddle as my other half.

After all, it had been his excuse for most of his abuse. He despised the fact we weren't meant to be because it meant he could completely lose me one day if I were to find the person that shared my soul mark.

I still remember Harry's sixteenth birthday when his mark appeared. He had been furious to discover the tiny raven tattooed on his wrist. It was the first time he ever hurt me.

Then, he had spread the lie about my mark watching his, trapping me in a web I couldn't escape. No one would ever believe me over Harry because he was the chosen one and I was only Albus Dumbledore's disgrace of a daughter. Besides, I had lost hope of escaping them a long time ago.

But now it was different. I had finally met my soulmate. I could escape Harry. Unfortunately, I wasn't that stupid. Breaking up with him to be with Mattheo would reveal his lie to everyone and Albus would personally hurt Mattheo and I for ruining his precious golden boy's reputation. No one could break Harry's heart because he had none.