Chapter 21

A/N: Hey babes, here's a short and fluffy update for y'all! Everything with school is FINALLY calming down, so I'm hoping to buckle down and finish up this book ASAP. So, be prepared for multiple updates in the coming days. Just a little PSA..... please trust me with this storyline even if you think it goes off the rails. I promise I have a plan you all will love ;)

Chrissy's POV

How can nothing change, yet nothing feels the same?

In only a few days, it feels like everything has fallen into place. Only a month ago my life felt like a jigsaw puzzle that had been through a wood chipper, but now pieces are starting to build the outline of something I think can be pretty damn good. Of course, Bailey is a part of that picture. Hell, he's most of it, I think. But, the rest of the club is in it, too. The bondsmen shop. Being a bounty hunter. Having a relationship with my dad. Having girlfriends for the first time in my life.

On the night my Mama died I thought my life was over, but these people are breathing new life into me. It's like I'm the old Chrissy, but I'm not. I feel like myself, but everything is so different.

Maybe, different is a good thing. It has to be, right?

"More coffee, Chrissy?" Grace asks.

Okay, this is the one thing that is clearly different. It's 10 am on a Monday morning and I got out of bed willingly. The old Chrissy would rather die than wake up before noon on her day off, but I wanted to spend time with the girls. They're actually pretty badass once you get to know them.

"Yes please," I beg. Working the night shift for two years must've permanently fucked up my sleep schedule. Well, lately it hasn't been my sleep schedule keeping me up at night.

"Long night?" Gabby smirks. Her red hair is thrown up in a bun and she looks just about as tired as me.

"I could say the same to you," I quip with a wink. We're the two newest couples, I think people would say we are both still in the honeymoon phase.

Gabby only laughs in response but Shorty rolls her eyes. "I hate both of you by the way. Hazel is now in a phase where she wants to sleep in our room every damn night. Even if we put her down in her bed, she cries until Kade gives in."

"Oof," Amber grimaces.

"How long has it been?" Grace asks. I've learned very quickly that nothing is off-limits when it comes to these ladies. It's an openness I'm not familiar with but I enjoy.

"TWO MONTHS!" Shorty whines as she takes a long sip of coffee.

"Oh, honey," Amber sympathizes.

See, some girls would make fun of Shorty and her first-world problems, but not these ladies. Not me. This club really is a family.

"Why don't y'all plan a night away soon? Hazel can come have a sleepover with us," Grace offers. Thoughts of her huge house with the white picket fence fill my mind. Sure, children sleep in it now, but never her children. I wonder if that makes it worse or better for her.

"Yeah, y'all can get away for a little while and reconnect," Gabby wiggles her eyebrows.

"There's a hotel about an hour away, The Cranberry Plaza, it's really nice," I offer.

Grace raises her eyebrows at me and I realize the attention has shifted to me. "Is that where he took you last weekend?" Grace asks with a smirk.

Shit, why did I have to open my mouth?

Because we're not a secret anymore, I have to remind myself.

"Maybe," I chuckle.

"We'll plan the whole thing," Amber pipes in with a glint in her eye. I've been warned about her passion for planning things.